Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gainesville FL
    Posts
    123

    Question Parental Waivers

    Florida supreme court has now ruled that Parental Waivers are no longer valid in the state of Florida and children can also still not sing the waivers their selves. I was wandering about opinions on this from an active instructors point of view.

    John


    http://www.floridachildinjurylawyer....t_strikes.html


  2. #2

    Default

    Great. No more minors doing anything more dangerous than watching TV.

    Sigh.....


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando/Naples
    Posts
    258

    Default

    No divers under 18?

    Men of Principle since 1839.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    275

    Angry

    It's not enough that adults can't be held responsible for themselves, now adults can't be held responsible for the actions of their kids.

    What a bunch of crap - "protecting the rights" of children. This is all about getting money out of a deep pocket, and abrogating any personal responsibility for one's (or one's childrens) actions.


  5. #5
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    ... and the process by which this country will be destroyed continues...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    ... and the process by which this country will be destroyed continues...
    I agree....At some point we have to get back to holding people responsible for their actions.

    Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. C.S. Lewis

  7. #7

    Default

    Waivers for minor children signed by a parent or legal guardian have been unenforceable for many years and many law suits were allowed to proceed. The court ruling allowed the case in question to proceed but emphasized "that our holding is narrowly directed at those commercial operators who wrongfully and negligently cause injury.” They affirmed what has always been the case just about everywhere. /K

    Last edited by Ken Hill; 12-17-2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: sp


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts