Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default HID Bulbs... cheap?

    Looking for a replacement 10W HID bulb to go in my DR handheld... some of you might not know this light too well... it was out for a couple years then discontinued... DR won't touch mine now, but of course they offered me a more expensive upgrade. Finally deciding to trouble shoot it myself I found it needed a fresh battery and a wire re-soddered... very dissapointing that they would not help me to fix this (I was willing to pay). Anyhow... I was dissassembling today to full inspect before putting it all together, and dropped the bulb on the garage floor... shattered. So this is what I'm looking for:

    Part Number: M10P001-1 (manufactured by Welch Allyn)

    their site: http://www.hi-lux.com/lpd/webstore/d...mber=M10P001-1

    $129 seems too high... I stumbled on some forum and found a post that claims they bought the bulb for $65... link was dead. Can anyone help?

    -Matt


  2. #2

    Default

    If your DR handheld use that number Welch Allyn bulb, you may be able to use the DR reflector insert, then get the Light cannon bulb from Leisurepro.com

    http://www.diveriteexpress.com/lights/batteries.shtml

    See notation around part LT6502.

    I have 2 10W HIDs, an old DR wreck canister and a Halcyon Proteus/Helios. I put the adapter reflector in it and now use the Solarc bulb, which is the same as that used by the Light cannon, and its sold now about $75.

    I have a really old DR canister and I don't know if the head is slightly longer than the newer light heads from DR. The reflector is short by 1-2mm. Thus, it loose. In the Halcyon, there is a spring that hold the reflector snuggly against the glass lens. I made a spring by taking a short length of wire, better if you have the stiffer wire from an old keychain ring, making a small spring from that to insert in the DR MR11 head to hold the reflector snuggy against the glass.

    Last edited by saturation; 11-12-2008 at 02:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default


    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Here's the cheapest I've seen - $86 (same price as when I bookmarked it in March, 2008 ):
    http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2204

    I've used batteryspace for battery packs and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

    -Tom


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    $129 seems too high... I stumbled on some forum and found a post that claims they bought the bulb for $65... link was dead. Can anyone help?

    -Matt

    It was probably this:

    http://www.trailtech.net/HID-SP-R.html

    Trailtech says they manufacture these themselves, but my Trailtech ballast has W-A printed on it...

    Dave


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Whoa! Disregard my above post - much better price at trailtech.


  7. #7

    Default

    Nice, if that's a drop in replacement that's better than my approach. However, I can now use the same bulb for both my lights, and the reflector is tighter beam than the original 6 deg. Welsh Allyn bulb.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Trailtech don't like to sell to you if you don't have one of their lights (don't ask me why). Lie and say that you have an old light on a second hand vehicle you bought. They're more likely to sell you the bulb and ballast then.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Has anyone come up with a reliable UW lighthead for the TrailTech MR16 30W HID? I know a couple of years ago some DIYers had machined some in delrin, but these had issues with heat dissipation.

    Dave


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default sweet

    thanks... i've got one comming!

    -Matt



 

Similar Threads

  1. HID bulbs
    By wallacm in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
  2. hid bulbs
    By ltb7733 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
  3. HID bulbs
    By Puttzer in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts