Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    Has anyone come up with a reliable UW lighthead for the TrailTech MR16 30W HID? I know a couple of years ago some DIYers had machined some in delrin, but these had issues with heat dissipation.

    Dave
    Contact Dagodiver I think he's here if not TDS he made one in AL that he says works great.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central Missouri
    Posts
    18

    Default trail tech bulb

    I bought one of the Trail Tech bulbs and put it in my 10 watt Dive Rite cannister light. I was not impressed with it at all. It threw a much wider beam which gave a lot of back scatter. The beam itself was also not quite as bright as the original. I have since sent the light back to DR for the LED upgrade. I still have the Trail Tech bulb if you are interested, but as I say I was not impressed with it.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
    I bought one of the Trail Tech bulbs and put it in my 10 watt Dive Rite cannister light. I was not impressed with it at all. It threw a much wider beam which gave a lot of back scatter. The beam itself was also not quite as bright as the original. I have since sent the light back to DR for the LED upgrade. I still have the Trail Tech bulb if you are interested, but as I say I was not impressed with it.
    WA has a flood and a narrow beam version of that bulb. Trailtech sells both versions. Perhaps you got the flood one. I built a 10 watt light with the narrow beam a few years back and it had pretty much the same beam as all the 10 watt fixed focus out there.

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Age
    62
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
    I bought one of the Trail Tech bulbs and put it in my 10 watt Dive Rite cannister light. I was not impressed with it at all. It threw a much wider beam which gave a lot of back scatter. The beam itself was also not quite as bright as the original. I have since sent the light back to DR for the LED upgrade. I still have the Trail Tech bulb if you are interested, but as I say I was not impressed with it.
    With the Trail tech you have to specify 6 degree or 13 degree (I think). The 6 degree is the one that had a tight beam. I have always had good luck with TTech. If you did get the 6 degree, I cannot answer why it was not bright and tight. I have a light with that and one with the DR 700 LED upgrade.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    Trailtech don't like to sell to you if you don't have one of their lights (don't ask me why). Lie and say that you have an old light on a second hand vehicle you bought. They're more likely to sell you the bulb and ballast then.
    You must be far better at pi$$ing folks off than I am Andrew (now that is really saying something!) as I have never had a problem ordering anything from these folks. Just ordered 2 10w bulbs earlier this year and the guy even took the time to ensure that what he had was what I needed. If anyone does ever find a lower price for the WA 10w (not that TT's price is high) I hope they pass it along.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central Missouri
    Posts
    18

    Default trail tech

    Quote Originally Posted by chimie007 View Post
    WA has a flood and a narrow beam version of that bulb. Trailtech sells both versions. Perhaps you got the flood one. I built a 10 watt light with the narrow beam a few years back and it had pretty much the same beam as all the 10 watt fixed focus out there.
    I specified the 6 degree bulb, but I have my doubts that I got one.



 

Similar Threads

  1. HID bulbs
    By wallacm in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
  2. hid bulbs
    By ltb7733 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
  3. HID bulbs
    By Puttzer in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts