Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default Re: Peacock

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen
    I just got back from diving peacock. The rules say to be out of the water by 5:00 and be out of the park by 5:30. I am certain of these times. Do not take these rules lightly. The rangers WILL lock you in if you blow them off... and a sheriff will return to discuss the situation with you. You don't want that. Glen
    Yeah, thet get pretty tense when you make them stay after hours waiting on you

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  2. #12
    Genesis
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochambeau
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Last weekend LR was 10-15ish on the vis.... it was actually better in the basin than in the cave!
    I dove little river last week and the viz was a solid 30 feet. Viz was 20' in the Harper tunnel.
    Genesis, you are too accustomed to diving gin clear water
    Naw....

    I've got (and posted) a video clip to prove it When 'yer buddy is about 10' ahead of you, your light is shining right on him, and he's barely visible (on the video!), that's 10-15ish....

    Nice dive though; I'll do it again....


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    327

    Default

    "Barely visible"??? All you get are glimpses of the butt of my tanks and the glow of my light.

    Family Rec Pass is still good.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Near Destin
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBrightGator
    "Barely visible"??? All you get are glimpses of the butt of my tanks and the glow of my light.

    Family Rec Pass is still good.
    At least it is not the glow of your butt!!!

    The basin and cavern had nice vis the day we went to LR.

    Don't Drink and Dive or Drink and Drive! -- but you can Drink and Run!
    Hashing - A drinking club with a running problem.
    FWB area hashes - http://www.ech3.com or http://groups.msn.com/SieteCervezaHashHouseHarriers/

  5. #15

    Default eek.

    I was hoping to hear that Little River had cleared up since I dove it at the end of December. Still like chocolate milk in there, huh?


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ft. White
    Posts
    136

    Default LR

    Dove LR on Sunday. The water in the basin is now below the wall and has cleared up. Instead of tannic, it now has a green tint to it.

    The viz in the cave was maybe 20' with a lot of particulate blowing. Flow was up considerably from when I was there a few weeks ago.

    Stacey


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Little River status.....

    I dove little river last friday....15ft. of viz, high flow and chunky water....not a good dive, especially since it was my first time back in a cave since last spring... i got addicted to the wrecks and spearfishing of north carolina, but glad I got back to cave country, i missed the overhead!

    -Matt


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    182

    Default Friday Dive

    Hey Matt - don't forget to e-mail me the timed pic you took at the picnic table. I will send the ones I took to you this weekend. Hope your dives on Sat and Sun were fun!

    Pat

    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts