Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    That was HILARIOUS!!! Great catch!!

    I almost spewed diet coke through my nostrils (but that is another picture...)

    So what happened to the erstwhile explorers?

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  2. #12

    Default

    Yep, sorry, I meant the upper right hand corner. Edited that.

    Chimie, I've got a Nikon D200, with a 10mm lens with an Ikelite housing, 6" dome port and a DS-125 strobe. (I've also got a 60mm macro lens with a flat port that I need to play around with). I need to get a second strobe, and then some slaves, but there always seems to be something else as well, new dry suit, deco bottles, regs, stages, etc. Eventually, I'll grow the camera setup a bit. I've got more underwater photos along with a ton of above water stuff at http://www.doncurriephotos.com


  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    That was HILARIOUS!!! Great catch!!

    I almost spewed diet coke through my nostrils (but that is another picture...)

    So what happened to the erstwhile explorers?

    Dive safe,

    Celia
    Celia, they hung around us at twenty feet for a while and then WALKED out of the Eye and surfaced. We saw them later at a picnic bench. Apparently the guy was an instructor, as he had a host of those training slates hanging from his BC.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    They took their bright yellow and fluorescent green fins off because they thought it would make them look silly and the tech divers would spot them immediately.

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    They took their bright yellow and fluorescent green fins off because they thought it would make them look silly and the tech divers would spot them immediately.
    AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA, now I truly have diet coke up my turbinates....clears the congestion...

    That was funny!!

    Instructor eh? Scary thought....

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    What happens to light when it gets trapped in a box?

    You'd have to ask Schroedinger's cat.....

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  7. #17
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    I made a finless cave dive once. A friend of a friend wanted to bottle water from a spring on their property, so I was asked to shoot some video in the cave. It was absolutely the siltiest place I've ever seen. I was told I was the first person ever in the cave, and I believe it. Even the walls were covered, so no matter what kick I used, no matter how slight the movement, vis went to zilch. I exited, we ate lunch, and I went back in, but still no vis.

    I tried again the next day. I went in without fins and made as little movement as possible, pulling on the walls for propulsion. I shot enough clean video that they were able to convince their dad the project was doable.

    http://www.callawayblue.com/

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watauga TX
    Posts
    449

    Default

    If they are going to pump the water at least they could suck the silt out and bottle that too, for proof that it is authentic spring water not just filtered tap water.


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    that was friggin hilarious!!!
    i thought you didn't get any shots of them!


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gainesville Fl.
    Posts
    500

    Default Instructor

    If you know what agency this guy is an instructor for, it would be nice to send them the picture. Perhaps he would be inline for some type of "award", especially if that was a student with him!



 

Similar Threads

  1. My posting time doesnt match the real time
    By stairman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 07:02 AM
  2. Time for new gear
    By Mike Edmonston in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
  3. Time for another Antisocial at JB?
    By in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 07:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts