Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Talcum powder

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watauga TX
    Posts
    449

    Default

    I also use Kentucky jelly

    It draws many jokes come suite up time but it works great.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    246 Bubbleless Cove
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    ....those trips to DUI are killers....
    Have you tried Steve Gamble?

    Meng Tze
    -Homo Bonae Voluntatis

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MengTze View Post
    Have you tried Steve Gamble?
    No, I haven't.
    What's his turn around time?

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    246 Bubbleless Cove
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    No, I haven't.
    What's his turn around time?

    Dive safe,

    Celia
    It falls within my usual time frame for diving.....one week. Do a search for Gamble scuba and give the man a call. I have only good comments on his work.

    Meng Tze
    -Homo Bonae Voluntatis

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    No, I haven't.
    What's his turn around time?

    Dive safe,

    Celia
    days usually....and customer service is A+++.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    No, I haven't.
    What's his turn around time?

    Dive safe,

    Celia
    I drove to his house with a tear in my drysuit recently. I asked him what the turn around time was. He sent me to a nearby breakfast jont and it was ready to pick up 2 hours later.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Age
    57
    Posts
    93

    Default Drysuit

    I second or third Gamble, whichever it is at this point. Top notch at a fair price + as quick as you ask for the most part. He recommended McNett UV Tech as a conditioner and protectant and my seals have never been better. I condition after diving and hang in a spare bedroom and I don't need anything else when it comes time to don.


  8. #18
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    ... back to the original subject.

    You folks go to WAY too much trouble. Go buy a small spray bottle at Wal-Mart, fill it with 5:1 water/baby shampoo. Nothing could be easier or cleaner (less mess).

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ... back to the original subject.

    You folks go to WAY too much trouble. Go buy a small spray bottle at Wal-Mart, fill it with 5:1 water/baby shampoo. Nothing could be easier or cleaner (less mess).
    Russell,

    I think I said something similar on my original post, I use Joy vs Baby Shampoo, same results= soapy water..

    I'll give Steve a try, I may be needing some help with more than seals, looks like one of my turbosoles booties is about to kick the bucket, I am thinking of going back to rockboots (yeah, blasphemy!!!), it may save me a lot in Aquaseal in the long run...

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  10. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I use tire talc. Very inexpensive,and designed not to degrade seals

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick


 

Similar Threads

  1. Steel Tanks & Powder Paint ?
    By caver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts