Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Talcum powder

  1. #31

    Default

    Generally scented things like the johnson's contain some type of oil product to give off that scent.

    I would reccomend that you don't use vaseline (oil) with condoms (latex), just as I would reccomend that you don't use scents (oil) with drysuit seals (latex).

    If you want to know why, go look up vaseline and condoms


  2. #32

    Default

    Not to mention, putting my catheter for my p-valve on draws enough attention on boats, I don't need to get out a bottle of KY jelly to push the subject.


  3. #33

    Default

    My tube of AstroGlide is proudly displayed whenever I don my suit.

    Hey, if you got it, flaunt it!


  4. #34

    Default

    Perrone do you keep that out when you put on your p-valve cath :P


  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekymonkey View Post
    Perrone do you keep that out when you put on your p-valve cath :P
    I don't have a cath. Pool dives are short.


  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Nope, not the only one

    I seem to sweat enough to slide right in
    Yep, there is that method too. But I have noticed that when I do it that way I end up with a rash on my skin, possibly from the sweat as it does not happen when I use the soapy water...

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Nope, not the only one
    Make it three.

    Used to keep KY and a soapy spray bottle around (used to have neoprene seals; didn't need either with latex). Then one fine day, I discovered that the spay bottle had disintegrated and seriously gunked up the tube of KY, so I tossed the entire coagulated mess out. The latex seals outlasted everything.


  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I guess I'm one of the "strange" types, as I use corn starch. I bought a box from the store years ago for like a buck and still have half of the box left.

    I took about half of the contents of the corn starch box and dumped it into an old sock. I formed the sock into a ball and zip tied the end off. I keep the ball in a ziplock bag and just tap it onto my hands and wrists before donning the suit. Kind of similar to how rock climbers apply chalk to their hands. It works great, doesn't make too bad of a mess and my seals hold up well.

    I never have put anything on my neck seal or head. Even in winter, I am sweating so profusely from donning the suit that it slips right over my head every time.

    I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lee ann waggener View Post
    I makes slipping in and out easy.
    Ok, I'm going to leave that one alone LOL

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Steel Tanks & Powder Paint ?
    By caver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts