kjh
Even though my trekking days are behind me I think that what you have proposed is a worthy undertaking. Would be happy to help out in any way, car guard or whatever is needed. Of course, talk TJ into piggy backing me to the window and I would gladly do more. Would enjoy helping with land owner relations if you think an old disabled guy might be more appealing; never know, a buddy down there used to be granted hunting rights by driving up in his mercedes hunting car. After having the guys in their monster trucks tear up their land the owners usually told him to go hwere ever he could.
DeWayne
The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)
Jack,
If you meet in North Florida I will be happy to help and leave my boyfriend (who is not always politically correct) at home!![]()
Sounds like a great idea getting a small group of divers together to work with land owners' for access. Use sugar rather than gunpowder!!!
Thanks,
-stacy
Don't Drink and Dive or Drink and Drive! -- but you can Drink and Run!
Hashing - A drinking club with a running problem.
FWB area hashes - http://www.ech3.com or http://groups.msn.com/SieteCervezaHashHouseHarriers/
ROFL!
Political correctness isn't really an issue here - I have great respect for private property rights, and as such, have no problem with negotiating such a thing - I can even "look the part" bizwise if required![]()
My post said not "always" politically correct. Karl can be politically correct as long as the issue is one he believes is valid! Can you see him in a business suit?![]()
We will support your efforts and be happy to assist!
Don't Drink and Dive or Drink and Drive! -- but you can Drink and Run!
Hashing - A drinking club with a running problem.
FWB area hashes - http://www.ech3.com or http://groups.msn.com/SieteCervezaHashHouseHarriers/
Although, it is probably not a good idea to go to the land owners and say: "Hello, we are from F.U.C.D. ..."
See the other thread: http://cavediver.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=985
Don't Drink and Dive or Drink and Drive! -- but you can Drink and Run!
Hashing - A drinking club with a running problem.
FWB area hashes - http://www.ech3.com or http://groups.msn.com/SieteCervezaHashHouseHarriers/
Yes, I agree; take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints... err that is dry caves! Wet caves; take nothing but photos, leave nothing but lines and directions!
If I had a hole on my property I would want to know what is down there. Of course I would let someone check it out for me. That is if I wasn't capable of finding out by myself. Wonder what % we will be able to convince.
Don't Drink and Dive or Drink and Drive! -- but you can Drink and Run!
Hashing - A drinking club with a running problem.
FWB area hashes - http://www.ech3.com or http://groups.msn.com/SieteCervezaHashHouseHarriers/
That is the key to gaining access where others fail. Demonstrate to the owner that you respect his land as much as he does, that you are not there to destroy anything, but on the contrary would like to help him enjoy those parts of it that he may not have knew existed. Subtlety goes a long way, it's all in that first impression that you make.
DeWayne
The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)
Bookmarks