Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default Headed to Mexico

    Well, Kathleen and I are headed down to Mexico tomorrow
    (Sunday actually - but we start driving towards Miami tomorrow to catch our flight).

    List member "D" of Underworld Adventures set up our trip for us and will be our guide while we're there.
    Casa Tucan sharing a common front with Yucatek will be our home away from home for the next two weeks.

    The links above have some pictures and we'll try to get more while we're down there (just thinking about it makes me wish I had an underwater camera.) At the very least we'll have some pictures above ground from our trip.

    Wish us good luck and good weather for the trip. We'll see you in February!

    (No Tsunamis please!)

    P.S.: US Air has great prices to Cancun right out of Gainesville right now. Wish we'd known about those in time to buy - but we'd have to cut our trip back half a week to get the fare. 16 hours of driving for 4 extra days... I'll drive.


  2. #2
    Guest

    Default

    How long are you there? Enjoy your time!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Thanks. We'll be there the 16th to the 29th - just shy of two weeks.


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Thanks. We'll be there the 16th to the 29th - just shy of two weeks.
    Have fun! And don't get talked into any convoluted, CF, trust-me traverse dive plans.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTodd
    Have fun! And don't get talked into any convoluted, CF, trust-me traverse dive plans.
    Certainly not! We are grown ups - any CF dive plans will be of our own making.

    Seriously our guide seems very conservative. And we are responsable for our own actions - let no one blame him or his wife for anything we do (or agree to do). There will just be the 2 of us and the guide in our team (or maybe the four of us) and we'll be judging our own dive situation as we go along as we do any cave dive. I cannot think his advice on local conditions and features can do anything but to help us get the most out of our dives - and our trip.


  6. #6
    Guest

    Default Re: Headed to Mexico

    I hope both of you have fun in Mexico. You really could use a break about now!

    I uploaded the NiTekLogic screen shots for you. Hopefully, I will get the VR3 stuff uploaded sometime later tonight (I need to redo eight screen shots, which were made in 68%). Right now I have about 25 shots of ProLog.

    Enjoy your "dive time" and dive safe!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Headed to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Right now I have about 25 shots of ProLog.

    Enjoy your "dive time" and dive safe!
    Awesome Chip - thanks.

    See you all in a couple weeks - we're headed out the door now.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts