Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Jackson Blue question

    Can someone confirm or deny that you have to be Full cave to dive Jackson Blue?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inkdiver View Post
    Can someone confirm or deny that you have to be Full cave to dive Jackson Blue?

    If you rent a pontoon boat from Cave Adventurers and swim into the system from the boat, the cave certification level is moot.

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Several years ago, when my buddy and I signed in at the Sheriffs Office for the first time (when they copy your C-card for their records), we showed them an Intro card and had no issues.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sav. Ga.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I dove there a few month back with my Basic card.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I haven't been up there yet, but as far as I am to understand... You have to possess at least a minimum of cavern, no O/W divers are allowed.


  6. #6

    Default

    Cool, thanks for the info all


  7. #7
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Unless it has recently been altered, the change to year round diving also allowed any certification level, including basic open water, to dive there.

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  8. #8

    Default

    I was there a few weekends ago and there were 2 OW divers in the cavern part, and no, there werent cavern certified, they were thinking about getting PADI Cavern certs. Up until then, I was under the same impression that some cave cert was needed, unless you were in training, but I was corrected. So it is my knowledge now that anyone can sign in as the sheriffs offive and dive there.

    -Scott


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    159

    Default

    word. Well than I stand corrected. =)


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDCaver View Post
    word. Well than I stand corrected. =)
    Don't feel bad, a few years ago they didn't even accept cavern.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Jackson Blue Question
    By JDostal in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
  2. Question about Jackson Blue
    By mfascuba in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
  3. Jackson Blue
    By RN in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 03:20 AM
  4. Help with Jackson Blue
    By JDR in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts