Anyone been to Akumal or Tulum lately? Have not been down there for a year and a half - looking for a general taste of what is going on and the conditions in the caves. I heard about Kalimba being ruined, what else? Thanks![]()
Anyone been to Akumal or Tulum lately? Have not been down there for a year and a half - looking for a general taste of what is going on and the conditions in the caves. I heard about Kalimba being ruined, what else? Thanks![]()
I was there in May and June. I don't know Kalimba, but we dove most of the usually accessed caves, and had a wonderful time.
Mike Edmonston
NAUI Technical Instructor
Oxycheq Experimental Dive Team Test Pilot
US NAVY Submariner TM2/ss 1988 - 1996
Currently US ARMY Military Police NTM-A TSS-COSTALL Spin Boldak Afghanistan 2010 - ??
Instructor Trainer and NATO Advisor to Afghan National Police Force and Afghan Border Patrol
Mike Edmonston
NAUI Technical Instructor
Oxycheq Experimental Dive Team Test Pilot
US NAVY Submariner TM2/ss 1988 - 1996
Currently US ARMY Military Police NTM-A TSS-COSTALL Spin Boldak Afghanistan 2010 - ??
Instructor Trainer and NATO Advisor to Afghan National Police Force and Afghan Border Patrol
Here are a couple of Bert,Ben and Alex.
http://www.cavediver.net/forum/galle...atid=newimages
http://www.cavediver.net/forum/galle...39&c=newimages
http://www.cavediver.net/forum/galle...37&c=newimages
Well, in the last two weeks I dove: The Pit twice, Minotauro, Xunaan Ha, Car Wash Down Stream, Mayan Blue and Naharon. All were wonderful dives, the water is clear, it is hot as hell and the mosquitoes are out. Other than that there is little to report.
If you want to know where we are diving day to day check out A cave diving blog. There is no Kalimba style nonsense going on that I am aware of, no heavy equipment falling into the caves or the like.
Hans
Cenote Aktun Koh is not open due to a land dispute as of 5/08. I hope it opens soon it is really cool !
Calimba zero viz for the firts 13 feet hold the line, descend and it clears up. Reverse drill to come up. The line is on the rock to the left of the cenote.
In May 08 carwash was silted down stream from a landowner's attampt to put in a "swimming cenote" The rainey season should flush it out some.
Happy cave diving.
nelsoned
So many Caves so little time
Bookmarks