Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Mexico

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Mexico

    Anyone been to Akumal or Tulum lately? Have not been down there for a year and a half - looking for a general taste of what is going on and the conditions in the caves. I heard about Kalimba being ruined, what else? Thanks


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oops4q2 View Post
    Anyone been to Akumal or Tulum lately? Have not been down there for a year and a half - looking for a general taste of what is going on and the conditions in the caves. I heard about Kalimba being ruined, what else? Thanks
    I was there in December 2007 and Kalimba is fine once inside the system, it's just the dry cavern that's been destroyed.

    I just booked Akumal again for January 2009!

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  3. #3

    Default

    I was there in May and June. I don't know Kalimba, but we dove most of the usually accessed caves, and had a wonderful time.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    TSS Costal, Afghanistan
    Age
    57
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LCF View Post
    I was there in May and June. I don't know Kalimba, but we dove most of the usually accessed caves, and had a wonderful time.
    Bert and Ben just got back from a week in Mexico. You can contact them at Tampa adventure sports.

    Mike Edmonston
    NAUI Technical Instructor
    Oxycheq Experimental Dive Team Test Pilot
    US NAVY Submariner TM2/ss 1988 - 1996
    Currently US ARMY Military Police NTM-A TSS-COSTALL Spin Boldak Afghanistan 2010 - ??
    Instructor Trainer and NATO Advisor to Afghan National Police Force and Afghan Border Patrol

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South Tampa
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Edmonston View Post
    Bert and Ben just got back from a week in Mexico. You can contact them at Tampa adventure sports.
    I was with them and uploaded of few pictures. It was the best cave diving I have ever experienced. I can't wait to go back.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    TSS Costal, Afghanistan
    Age
    57
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jackson View Post
    It was the best cave diving I have ever experienced. I can't wait to go back.
    Dude, that is sooooo uncalled for!!! I am quite jealous!! keep rubbing that salt into my wounds

    Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see the pics.

    Safe Diving

    Mike Edmonston
    NAUI Technical Instructor
    Oxycheq Experimental Dive Team Test Pilot
    US NAVY Submariner TM2/ss 1988 - 1996
    Currently US ARMY Military Police NTM-A TSS-COSTALL Spin Boldak Afghanistan 2010 - ??
    Instructor Trainer and NATO Advisor to Afghan National Police Force and Afghan Border Patrol

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati OH USA
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Cenote Aktun Koh is not open due to a land dispute as of 5/08. I hope it opens soon it is really cool !

    Calimba zero viz for the firts 13 feet hold the line, descend and it clears up. Reverse drill to come up. The line is on the rock to the left of the cenote.

    In May 08 carwash was silted down stream from a landowner's attampt to put in a "swimming cenote" The rainey season should flush it out some.

    Happy cave diving.

    nelsoned

    So many Caves so little time

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey. Dreaming of Q. Roo.
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nelsoned View Post
    In May 08 carwash was silted down stream from a landowner's attampt to put in a "swimming cenote"
    I was in car wash down stream about a week ago and the water was clear except for the silting we created.

    Hans


  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Can you check the blog link? It does not seem to find the page for me....


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey. Dreaming of Q. Roo.
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diveconjeff View Post
    Can you check the blog link? It does not seem to find the page for me....
    Are you talking about my blog? It can be found at: http://www.quietdiver.com

    Hans



 

Similar Threads

  1. What to take to Mexico?
    By MikeH in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2018, 08:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts