Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdenney
    I was just out at Little River today. The river run has really cleared up since Jan. 2nd. The water level is still up above the cement wall, but the water is clear.

    However, the visibility inside the cave has gotten considerable worse. Today, it was close to 15-20 ft, whereas it was easily 30 ft + before. The flow is also up a lot. It was pull and pull most of the way.
    Geez, no kidding about the pull and pull. Flow did seem quite a bit more intense than last week and my poor fingertips are still red. Gotta love trying to put everything into a kick just to stay in place.

    Interesting how the viz went downhill and was a lot worse than I was expecting.

    Of course, all this just made the dive that much more fun and challenging!

    Pat

    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Okay Pat, what did you do to go and piss off the cave gods? Hope the vis improves by the second week of Feb when I'll be down for a few, kind of hope that the flow is still ripping though.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    College Station Texas
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I dove LR this Sunday, I thought that viz was good, but my buddies said that it sucked. They have dove LR for way more years that I have, so I think they opinion will be more accurate.

    Human Evolution makes me wonder: from HomoErectus to HomeSapiens, from Dry Caves to Wet Caves. Nevertheless, from HomoErectus to HomeSapiens, from Org. Caves still to Org. Caves! DAMN ...

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    182

    Default Cave Gods

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne
    Okay Pat, what did you do to go and piss off the cave gods? Hope the vis improves by the second week of Feb when I'll be down for a few, kind of hope that the flow is still ripping though.
    Not quite sure what I did but they did seem a little miffed.

    I will keep my fingers crossed that conditions improve for your trip down.

    (Of course, having said that - it is possible now that I have really jinxed it...)

    Pat

    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

  5. #25

    Default What does flow matter

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne
    Okay Pat, what did you do to go and piss off the cave gods? Hope the vis improves by the second week of Feb when I'll be down for a few, kind of hope that the flow is still ripping though.
    You got that pretty little SS to get you through it. The ride out should be kind of fun...

    Ryan.....

    This is the most boring and non-humorous signature line ever.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts