Quote Originally Posted by PacketSniffer View Post
Ya know, I had this discussion with someone else just a couple hours ago. I said downstream Promise is the dive that was started out with but I was corrected that it was Go-Between. Pfft, all I care is that I went diving.
There's a couple people out there who are going off a map that DOES show Go Between first. The great majority of maps I've found list Promise first and Go Between just upstream. There are also a couple maps that just call the two sinks Promise and Go Between and don't distinguish the two.

I've run across some info that said Go Between got its name for the limestone arch that sits about 6' under the surface. Apparently swimmers dive down and swim under the arch to the other side of the sink, "Going Between" the two halves. This is definatley the first sink upstream from the most downstream sink of this group of sinks. I'm sure you saw the arch in the first duckweed covered sink, its actually quite an awesome formation.


Quote Originally Posted by PacketSniffer View Post
Is that the lot for Clear Cut?

Stay tuned. Trip from Promise to Clear Cut planned....for, ahem, information gathering. Mhwahahahaha....
The same lot for Clear Cut is for Promise and the rest, there is one main parking area, near the road and the highway. People park near trailheads along the road as well, but I wouldn't consider them parking lots

Looking forward to a firsthand report on going upstream to Clear Cut. I want to see the profile, it'll help us determine if we can make it on OC without mix. I don't think the distance is going to be a problem.