Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: P-Valve IRAP

  1. #21

    Default Valves or not


    Pee valve's the only way, my opinion, and like Forrest says, just carry a squirt bottle and wash it out!

    Excuse me......ah......


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The ATL & N. GA Mountains
    Posts
    120

    Default

    All I know now is I, for darn sure, will be keeping a bottle of betadyne in my dive van and will be using it and thoroughly rinsing the tube before and after any future dives - I would not want to go through a similar experience to Mark!

    Yet another pre-dive delay for my buddies to deal with... - sorry guys, the possibilities aren't too appealing, needless to say!

    JB


  3. #23
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default

    I heard you were in the hospital and wanted to stop by. I am glad to hear you came through it all in one piece!

    I am amazed that the infection got so bad so quickly. Hope you get to enjoy yourself next time you are down.


  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarfl
    Diluted Pinesol is typically the "loop disinfectant" followed with a Listerine solution wash to keep things "fresh" while breathing. I would think that Pinesol solution would be the best cold disinfectant solution to use without doing harm to the materials.
    Lee

    hmmm..... Pinesol in my Pee Pee....

    don't know if that sounds pleasurable...


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In a Virgin Cave in Dominican Republic :D
    Posts
    499

    Default

    something I do that might help, is I open the bolt and never pee unless I feel the fresh water sensation..
    I have always been scared of something like that happening and blowing the catheter off, but never thought that something like that bad of an infection could happen...

    so, next time in the water just be happy and pee slowly..
    if you lose your reel I can bring it back, but if you lose your thingy in the cave, not bringing it back, sorry..

    Cristian Pittaro
    www.neptunoworld.com
    and don't forget to check out my MiniSpools
    http://www.dr-ss.com Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://la-hispaniola.com Free maps for Dominican Republic and Haiti for Garmin GPS's


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts