Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 33 of 33
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Posts
    110

    Default New Reg needed...

    You guys forgot to mention the best breathing reg ever created......

    Sherwood SR1

    This reg is awesome! Lower work of breathing than any other and also but most important is lowest exhaltion resistance. This equates to the smoothest breathing flow and has a two year or 300 dive service interval plus free parts for life! Go ahead and try to beat that .


  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    298

    Default Regs

    I dive the Apeks DS4-XTX50. Good combination. Breathes nice, very adjustable. They have been proven to great depths as well. There's not a lot of difference in the second stages so you could stick with a TX50 and save a few bucks. Internals are the same. The only difference I know of is the XTX50 can be modified for left or right hand inlet. Hope this helps.

    Tyler


  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The original question asked if there was any brand anyone would definitely not recommend.

    My worst ever experience with a regulator was in the early 1990's taking a pair made by a well known European manufacturer to be serviced only to be told 'no can do' because the manufacturer had stopped making service kits for that model!!!! Great to learn that a pair of 6 year old regulators effectively had to be scrapped. I should add that being English Europe is that land mass the other side of the English Channel.
    Pete I think you and I may have bought some of the same regulators !!!! I have quite a few laying around. About all they are good for now is paperweights. They worked fine while they were in use, but consciously I could not continue to use them until they quit...especially in a cave....

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW


 

Similar Threads

  1. My posting time doesnt match the real time
    By stairman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 07:02 AM
  2. looking to buy lp 95's
    By The_Great_Manta in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM
  3. WANT 2 BUY Dive Rite WING/TRANSPAC/REGS
    By drew47000000 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
  4. The location to buy CDF- T-shirts?
    By Dan Thoms in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 05:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts