Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Boesmangat..

  1. #11
    Guest

    Default Update on Don Shirley from Andre Shirley (Inspiration list)

    Dear Friends,

    We have has SO many well wishes that it will be near impossible to thank everyone individually. I for one am so glad that Don has so many many friends out there!! Thank you for thinking of him.

    An Update:

    So far Don has had about 8 chamber treatments, starting on the Comax30 tables, and going through some table7's and 5's. It seems with every treatment he gets a bit better. He has also seen an ear specialist. It seems the small window in the inner ear had ruptured, but was already on the mend when he saw the Doctor. As a result of the rupture, about 50% fluid escaped - making him so disorientated and nauseous. He is due another ear torture today to see what the hyperbaric treatments are doing. This will decided if he would be having more treatments. (I personally think he is now addicted to the chamber).

    Needless to say the phone has been ringing off the hook with journalists, and as he's still not too well, he has not been answering messages. If you have left one, he's asked me to please tell you he appreciates the call, and will eventually get back to you.

    Feel free to phone me if you want any info. (But I must warn you; same goes for my phone ringing off the hook!)

    From my side, I would like to draw your attention to the superb teams around Don.

    The dive team - thank you for going beyond your profiles and limits to help my man. If you were not there, I shudder to think how he would have managed! Thank God that you were on rebreathers - it would not have been possible on open circuit.

    The Modikwa rescue team - thank you for your rope work, and especially for pulling him out there in a record time. I bet you you will never be able to better that record again! J

    Dr. Meintjies - we are SO glad you gave up a week of your precious 2 weeks annual leave to be there! You were needed! Please tell your lovely wife that we appreciate her giving you up for us!

    Netcare911 - So glad you were there too! Thank you for your support.

    The Police chamber attendants - what can I say. thank you for phoning me in between the chaos to let me know what's happening. Thank you for attending to Don in such a motherly fashion!

    The Police - well, I have never seen such a team spirit! Thank you for the phone calls; thank you for the concerns. And a BIG thank you for the clearing of the dive equipment after (and for that matter before) the dive.

    The individuals that just happened to be there and jumped in to help - I am sorry I do not know who you are, but thank you for helping. Paul - I know you; thank you!!

    And last but not least by far, thank you all for your well wishes! Don really appreciates your calls. I started a list of names for him to know of each and every call!

    I will do a brief write-up and put on the webpage about the dive. Just give me a few hours to get my head around it. www.technicaldivingafrica.com

    Andre Shirley


  2. #12
    Guest

    Default Dive Update - David Shaw/Don Shirley (from Inspiration List)

    Hi all,

    Andre here...

    I have updated the webpage with the dive. Please have a look at www.technicaldivingafrica.com or www.iantd.co.za

    Andre for
    Don Shirley
    +27 (0) 82 650 2294
    www.technicaldivingafrica.com


  3. #13
    Guest

    Default David Shaw - Forensic Findings (from the Inspiration List)

    > Hi all,
    >
    > David Shaw - Forensic Findings
    >
    > I have loaded the forensic findings for David Shaw on the website.
    > Have a look at www.iantd.co.za or www.technicaldivingafrica.com
    >
    > We place this here so that the armchair experts can see what really
    > went wrong and not send out their (in)expert advice to any old
    > journalist that wants to publish something! These findings are
    > official.
    >
    > Andre Shirley
    > IANTD Southern Africa
    > +27 (0) 82 650 2279/94
    > www.technicaldivingafrica.com



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts