Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PSSP update

  1. #1

    Default PSSP update

    We have a very small boil on P1, there are 4 steps left underwater, I would say there is 6 feet of viz at the best. The run between Orange and Cisteen has dried up, still 5 steps under at Orange Grove. I walked into Challenge and it is still black-Challenge is a good indicator of when we will clear and I only saw down about a foot at Challenge, the water is very low again and the sink is dark. I really do not see us opening to diving before the road work is started, unless it may be one weekend. Since we did not have a major flood it is just totally different this time. I did get pictures of the over grown rodent-the beaver- in P1 this morning-it's having a good time with the place to itself.
    I sprayed myself with insect repellant and braved going into Bonnet-I opened the gate & drove in. There is a big boil going on there, water looks better than P1 but not great yet-and let me tell you the mosquitoes can carry you away there.

    I'll post the pic of the beaver that we saw later.
    Janet

    Last edited by Sludge; 04-04-2008 at 08:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gainesville FL
    Posts
    123

    Default Pssp

    Thanks for the update Mrs. Janet. Hope it will start to clear soon.

    John


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gainesville Fl.
    Posts
    500

    Default Cow

    Janet,

    Thanks for keeping us updated. Have you looked at Cow lately? Just wondering....


  4. #4

    Default Pssp

    I've not been to Cow but I'll try to go there when I leave work tomorrow.
    I talked to the construction specialist today about the road work and they
    are not going to use any tamper on the road, they are just going to run a big rubber tire over the fill to pack it down, some cave tunnel is to close to the surface to tamp it. I'm trying to get the report to see it-what can I say I'm nosy.
    We also want to thank you guys for your understanding during the road work, you've been great about it, the park will be totally closed while the work crew is present, open afterwards, not for diving though, no diving until May 1st.
    Janet


  5. #5

    Default Rodent

    Here is the rodent-unfortunately wild life doesn't pose for the camera, as soon as it saw me it dove under the water, you usually do not get time to focus.
    Janet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaver 4-4-08.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	249  


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Central FL
    Posts
    55

    Default wildlife at p1

    The beaver cute, your quick to get to photo
    good work
    Cynthia


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Fort White FL
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSSP View Post
    :I sprayed myself with insect repellant and braved going into Bonnet-I opened the gate & drove in. There is a big boil going on there, water looks better than P1 but not great yet-and let me tell you the mosquitoes can carry you away there.

    I'll post the pic of the beaver that we saw later.
    Janet

    Thank you Janet ... So the gator at Bonnet is gone ?


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
    Thank you Janet ... So the gator at Bonnet is gone ?
    The mosquitoes ate it.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  9. #9

    Default Pssp

    Momma will return when she's ready to nest, lets hope she went on an extended vacation. Or Mike could be right about the mosquitoes, they are very hungry.
    Janet



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts