Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    Default Pssp

    No there will be no concrete poured at PSSP ever, they will be gentle in their work-the head of construction just wants to be sure no one is under them while they are working, as I said a safety concern, the porta-john truck probably weighs more than their equipment. I'm sure the tamper will be on the small side. As Forrest said we probably won't be clear till close to May.
    Janet


  2. #12
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSSP View Post
    No there will be no concrete poured at PSSP ever...Janet
    That is FANTASTIC news!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #13

    Default Pssp

    Yes it is, I had to swear on my life when we started the trail I'd never let anyone try to install boardwalks through the woods. Everyone is trying to keep it close to nature but also safe for park visitors.
    Janet


  4. #14

    Default

    I'm not a frequent diver there since I'm 3+ hours away, but I wonder if it would be a good time for us to do repairs while they are there? Or would a work group be more in the way than a help? It's probably too early to tell, but do the stairs and benches need work? Any other cleanup we need to do before it's diveable?
    Jim


  5. #15
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn View Post
    I'm not a frequent diver there since I'm 3+ hours away, but I wonder if it would be a good time for us to do repairs while they are there? Or would a work group be more in the way than a help? It's probably too early to tell, but do the stairs and benches need work? Any other cleanup we need to do before it's diveable?
    Jim
    As well before it gets to be insanely hot/humid....
    I'd be up for a weekend....


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    346

    Default PSSP closure

    The combination of lower water pressure inside the cave and shock waves in the ground may put a few new rocks on the floor of the Breakdown Room. It's well that no one will be there to get hit or find a cut or buried line on the way out. Major damage is very unlikely.

    "I like to do dangerous things safely."

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netmage View Post
    As well before it gets to be insanely hot/humid....
    I'd be up for a weekend....
    You know , MAYBE a little set of steps from the OG steps down to the rocks that USED to be there?

    Hey , you asked for ideas.

    Da Beano

    P.S. Of course , with the high water levels , we don't need them now ...

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddiver View Post
    They are somewhat concerned about collapse, That would SUCK.
    In MORE ways than one. We've had enough , er , "sucking" going on over at P3

    Up in Ohio , missing Florida

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeandiver View Post
    In MORE ways than one. We've had enough , er , "sucking" going on over at P3

    Up in Ohio , missing Florida
    Where in Ohio are you?



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts