Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56

    Talking Sante Fe Conditions

    Hey I need some help. I am taking my Sheriff's Office dive team diving out to the 47 bridge and was wondering how the viz is. My sister saw it last sunday and said it was good, but after all of the rain we have been getting in Clay County I was not sure if the viz was affected. I appreciate the help if some one goes by there soon thanks.

    Ronald C. Rosepiler

  2. #2

    Default river

    It is tea colored but not real dark.
    Janet


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56

    Smile Thanks

    Thanks hopefully we won't get anymore rain till we can get out there.

    Ronald C. Rosepiler

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    I do water sampling on the entire sante fe (amongst other places) just about every other friday.... Its been ridiculously clear since June (for the river). Based on the "floods" on the confined region in August and their total lack of influence on water levels/chemistry/viz below the Rise, its going to take a lot of rain before the viz drops significantly.

    Jason Gulley

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Clear water and watch your stuff

    The water is really clear and the river has a good bit of vegetation growing in it. Lots of really big crayfish. But from another thread on here watch your stuff as someone had their car broken into I think about the same place your going.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Branford, FL
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomhauburn View Post
    The water is really clear and the river has a good bit of vegetation growing in it. Lots of really big crayfish. But from another thread on here watch your stuff as someone had their car broken into I think about the same place your going.
    That was at a different boat ramp, same river, same area though.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts