Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Snowed In

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    178

    Default Snowed In

    Here I sit, stuck in Ohio, a snow drift of 48 inches blocking my front door. Dreaming of cave country and warmer wheather. SOMEONE TELL ME A CAVE STORY!!!The only good thing out of the whole deal, is I have a good reason not to go Christmas shopping. Oh---I guess I will spend the day on the computer

    Ya Gotta Be Tough, If You're Gonna Be Stupid

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Why not don your dry suit and doubles and try tunneling out through the snow?

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: Snowed In

    Quote Originally Posted by caver
    Here I sit, stuck in Ohio, a snow drift of 48 inches blocking my front door. Dreaming of cave country and warmer wheather. SOMEONE TELL ME A CAVE STORY!!!The only good thing out of the whole deal, is I have a good reason not to go Christmas shopping. Oh---I guess I will spend the day on the computer
    Ahh yes...yet another reason for moving to Luraville from Detroit...I neet to call my brother and gloat. I'm working out side in a T shirt Now all I need to do is convince the boss I need to go for a dive.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Snowed In

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Quote Originally Posted by caver
    Here I sit, stuck in Ohio, a snow drift of 48 inches blocking my front door. Dreaming of cave country and warmer wheather. SOMEONE TELL ME A CAVE STORY!!!The only good thing out of the whole deal, is I have a good reason not to go Christmas shopping. Oh---I guess I will spend the day on the computer
    Ahh yes...yet another reason for moving to Luraville from Detroit...I neet to call my brother and gloat. I'm working out side in a T shirt Now all I need to do is convince the boss I need to go for a dive.
    I was going to dive Gilboa, can't get out the door----the neighbor borrowed my shovel

    Ya Gotta Be Tough, If You're Gonna Be Stupid

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: Snowed In

    Gilboa...spent a lot of time in Gilboa. Did Mike ever get that monster compressor on line? He was showing it to me a couple summers ago, this was friggin' massive.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Snowed In

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Gilboa...spent a lot of time in Gilboa. Did Mike ever get that monster compressor on line? He was showing it to me a couple summers ago, this was friggin' massive.
    No----it was the biggest I've ever seen, it is still in the parking lot

    Ya Gotta Be Tough, If You're Gonna Be Stupid

  7. #7

    Default Stuck in Ohio with ya.

    8 hours of shoveling snow. 22" in 24 hours. On my way in the house I stopped and stared at my doubles. Haven't seen this much snow since '78. brain and lips are frozen. It will be down to 0 tonight. 9 years to retirement and here I come NFL. 8)


  8. #8

    Default Re: Snowed In

    Quote Originally Posted by caver
    Here I sit, stuck in Ohio, a snow drift of 48 inches blocking my front door. Dreaming of cave country and warmer wheather. SOMEONE TELL ME A CAVE STORY!!!The only good thing out of the whole deal, is I have a good reason not to go Christmas shopping. Oh---I guess I will spend the day on the computer
    Well, if it makes you feel any better I was supposed to leave for cave country the day after Christmas, but I tore the cartilage in my right knee and it looks like I will be postponing until the doc gets done with me. We got between 2-12" down here in Columbus, but it's that damn freezing rain that's the real problem... Ryan Parkevich


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41

    Default

    we got 15" over the last 2 days here in central Indiana. Been shoveling snow all afternoon. Had to shovel a path from the back door out into the yard so the dogs would quit peeing in the doorway

    Only 30 more years until retirement...


  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I am stuck in Clarksville TN trying to travel on what is supposed to be I24,but I still haven't seen a road. Maybe Santa will find me here to deliver all my new cave toys



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts