Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY
    How is it planned to share 200% of the deco gas? Does this mean every team member has an extra second stage per deco bottle? Or do you carry extra bottle per each deco gas per member?
    Sorry if I am dragging this off topic...

    I have done a test to see if it is possible to buddy breathe during deco and still have relatively natural breathing patterns (read - efficient deco). We were happy with the results, so I think we could share a tank with one reg.

    This may not be the case with every buddy pair - I would run a test before making it part of my bailout plans.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    This is going nowhere and it's cutting into my drinking time...I gotta campfire I need to go sit by.
    When did any thread discussing differences in agency standards EVER go anywhere but in a viscous circle?

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default vicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    This is going nowhere and it's cutting into my drinking time...I gotta campfire I need to go sit by.
    When did any thread discussing differences in agency standards EVER go anywhere but in a viscous circle?
    No need to argue about stuff. I was just curious about agency differences, not being up on the latest changes with them all. No need to evaluate or judge; I'm sure they all have good reasons for doing what they do. But you know after the big Ginnie Springs don't let you dive doubles if Intro diver, and recent threads on Abe Davis award and defining number of cave dives, and rules for getting into some caves, it seems really difficult to tell from a c-card (or an award) just what someone is really trained to do (let's not even get into capable of doing). gives one an appreciation for the work and efforts of those poor folks who make the decisions!

    -skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    skip, not an argument, it's an observation.

    I'd love to see a chart spelling out the guidelines and qualifications.
    It just always breaks out into a agency contest with ...well you know.
    Please don't take the last post as a wise crack.

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    No need to argue about stuff. I was just curious about agency differences, not being up on the latest changes with them all. No need to evaluate or judge; I'm sure they all have good reasons for doing what they do. But you know after the big Ginnie Springs don't let you dive doubles if Intro diver, and recent threads on Abe Davis award and defining number of cave dives, and rules for getting into some caves, it seems really difficult to tell from a c-card (or an award) just what someone is really trained to do (let's not even get into capable of doing). gives one an appreciation for the work and efforts of those poor folks who make the decisions!

    -skip

    Are you on the board??? or running for a postion there??

    Or was this a funny,. post and i screwed it up??

    today could be the greatest day of my life

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    skip, not an argument, it's an observation.

    I'd love to see a chart spelling out the guidelines and qualifications.
    It just always breaks out into a agency contest with ...well you know.
    Please don't take the last post as a wise crack.
    I only had access to the NACD workbook, GUE's webpage, and a phone call to a friend who is NAUI cave 1, if anyone wants to help fill in the blanks that would be helpful.



  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Smile no problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    skip, not an argument, it's an observation.

    I'd love to see a chart spelling out the guidelines and qualifications.
    It just always breaks out into a agency contest with ...well you know.
    Please don't take the last post as a wise crack.
    i understand. i think i was referring to another post that said something about how all agency related discussions turn into arguments. didn't take anything you said as argument or wise crack either! I'm a NAUI open water instructor, interested in pursuing tech instructor, maybe cave, but am open to all agencies. Yes, even the one that gets all the bashing (some of my best friends are ....).

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default no!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Thoms View Post
    Are you on the board??? or running for a postion there??

    Or was this a funny,. post and i screwed it up??
    No, I am not on any boards and I am not running for any positions. And no, it was not a funny! I really meant it sincerely. People who work for training agencies on BOD's and such really do work hard and get very little appreciation. Which is why I won't do it!

    -skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I only had access to the NACD workbook, GUE's webpage, and a phone call to a friend who is NAUI cave 1, if anyone wants to help fill in the blanks that would be helpful.

    Well technically "NAUI Cave 1" states that you are allowed to two navigational decisions. In short every time you need to use an arrow that would count as one. A gap is not considered a navigational decision since there is no decision to me made when reeling back a gap.

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I only had access to the NACD workbook, GUE's webpage, and a phone call to a friend who is NAUI cave 1, if anyone wants to help fill in the blanks that would be helpful.

    TDI allows doubles at cavern and intro levels, at 1/6ths max turnaround. Obviously you can also opt to use a single tank at either of these levels as well. TDI Cavern is limited to daylight zone and 200' linear penetration. No restrictions allowed at Cavern or Intro. There is no Apprentice in TDI's curriculum, but Full Cave allows restrictions and the 1/3rd rule for gas. No jumps or gaps at TDI Cavern/Intro and they have min starting vis at 30'. Max depth on all TDI cavern/cave levels is 130'. No deco in TDI until Full Cave.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts