Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    No reason you couldn't if you matched the connections. Good connectors on the SS and Watt's up - would be great on a Mako. (My old style Mako connectors got a little deformed over time probably got hot.)


  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    I wonder if I may have the only still functioning Bridge II dive computer. I use it to download all my dive data and have written a program to extract the data so it can be tracked. If the Bridge ever dies I'm going to need to convert to a new downloader. At this point the Sensus Pro looks like it may be the one. At least I can get to the data without excessive crazyness
    I dive a bridge ll also where did you grt your D/ Ler I have been looking and cant find one. Richard


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Back when they were $350 a friend of mine bought one. When he got out of diving I gave him $50 for it.

    A few years ago I was visiting Dive Rite and they had a box full of them they were selling for $50 each. I bought a spare and gave it to yet another friend.

    If you can't get one from Dive Rite I make be able to get it back from her since her Bridge computer died years ago. Even if you got one though I don't know how long your computer will keep going or if the current Dive Rite software still supports the old downloaders. Their new software doesn't even convert over the old Bridge log files.

    Best best is call Dive Rite directly - if they still have downloaders around they should have some software somewhere as well.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    I just had a pm discussion offline that brought up a key point. These things definitely add a failure point. I've been testing mine in LA where a scooter is more of a toy than anything. In the caves, using these definitely adds a failure point and should probably be done with care, in high flow caves and/or with a buddy.

    Edit - see Hugh's post below.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ & Metis Beach, QUE
    Posts
    14

    Default Data Collection

    Thanks for the burn data…

    For burn testing, I use the CBT-II burn-tester by West Mountain Radio… Good product that I can recommend…

    Question: If you put one of the BNB data collectors in-line between the battery and motor, what type of failure-point are you introducing? After seeing Andrew’s post, I e-mailed the company, and they indicate that the ground is looped, but the hot-leads are serial through the sensor… I was an engineer in a past life, so I was probably competent to analyze the MTBF (failure curve) about 10 (OK, 15) years ago, but not anymore…

    Can anyone comment on the circuitry/failure modes/MTBF on this device? I personally do not scooter in further then I can swim out, and being a former aerospace engineer, I distrust gizmos...

    hugh



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts