Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Guest

    Default Time for another Antisocial at JB?

    The Social at Ginnie surely was fun. For various reasons, I don't get down to cave country that much any more. Jackson Blue is my stomping grounds.

    We had discussions about where to hold the next Social. As much as I wish it could be at JB, I realize the vast majority of participants are from central Florida. But several friends were talking about coming up and diving with me. So it sounds like an Antisocial is in order.

    For those that don't know, an Antisocial is a lot simpler than a Social. There is no organized cookout, no door prizes, no registration, no nametags, no nothing. The only thing organized about it is we pick a date and a place.

    The place: Jackson Blue Spring.

    The date: To Be Determined.

    I would suggest after Labor Day. During the summer, the pavilion is full of swimmers and picnickers. Then, the pavilion is reserved for private parties for several weekends. So an early October Saturday would seem to be the time.

    Any comments?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Now you're talking 8) I might be able to make it down the later half of September.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Deltona, Fl
    Posts
    211

    Default Antisocial

    October should be a little cooler, and less chance of big mean winds.


  4. #4
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I'm in! Pick a date and let's dive!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I will come, if am free that weekend.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    I will be there since my working months are July, and January to the end of March.

    a.k.a. Florida Cave Diver

  7. #7
    Guest

    Default

    Kelly just reminded me the NSS-CDS had an October social there last year. I dug out my logbook, and it was October 14. The thing was, it wasn't publicized nearly as much as it should have been, so there weren't as many people there as one might expect.

    Maybe we'll do it again around the same time, only this time I'll encourage ALL of my central Florida friends to come up and dive. Possibly a bunch of us can camp at Florida Caverns State Park and dive both days.


  8. #8

    Default

    Sounds Great!!

    Work only allows us to go the High Springs area once, maybe twice a year. However, we scoot down to JB every other weekend or so... It would be nice to meet some of you guys down there.

    Pick a weekend and my wife and I will be there..

    Mark


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    43

    Default JB Dive

    Count me in!


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Time for another Antisocial at JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge
    I would suggest after Labor Day. During the summer, the pavilion is full of swimmers and picnickers. Then, the pavilion is reserved for private parties for several weekends. So an early October Saturday would seem to be the time.

    Any comments?
    I heard the plan was to keep the park open to swimmers on weekends year round, starting this year. So the private party reservation thing might not be in effect this year. You might still be able to reserve the pavilion, but there might be swimmers around. November might be a better choice since it might be cold enough to keep the swimmers in...maybe.

    Either way, I'm relocating in a month, so with enough notice, I can make sure I'm off the weekend it happens and be there. It's going to be nice to finally be able to make some of these gatherings!

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts