Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: P3

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    17

    Default P3

    Anyone dove P3 lately? Vis?

    TN

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Dived it a week ago. Vis wasn't bad. 50-60ish once in the cave. The basin was crap and the cavern wasn't great either but as I said it cleared up quickly. Flow was near zero.

    It was my first dive in P3. Spooky is the word. Looking forward to go back in there.

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimie007
    It was my first dive in P3. Spooky is the word. Looking forward to go back in there.
    I thought the same thing my first dive there - pretty spooky. A couple more dives and it doesn't seem all that spooky...once you get in past the cavern. It's a great dive though. I'm looking forward to doing some more dives there, too.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I was there Friday, and the vis was as good as I have ever seen it.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I was in on Friday and again on Sunday. The viz was great on Friday. On Sunday, even with a cavern class exiting as we entered, the cavern and main tunnel looked good.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  6. #6
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser
    even with a cavern class exiting
    Cavern class? In a siphon?

    What agency was it?


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge
    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser
    even with a cavern class exiting
    Cavern class? In a siphon?

    What agency was it?
    All the "agencies" use P3 for cavern. Sheck Exley taught cavern there.

    It isn't much of a syphon.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Guest

    Default

    I took an experienced cavern diver in there in 2003 and got raked over the coals. I was surprised, because I also didn't think it was much of a siphon.

    But I thought an instructor would have to be more diligent.


  9. #9

    Default

    If Peacock Springs Park is the Disney World of Cave Diving then P3 is the Haunted Mansion. I love it!


  10. #10
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Reim
    If Peacock Springs Park is the Disney World of Cave Diving then P3 is the Haunted Mansion. I love it!
    Agreed, P3 is creepy and cool...way cool! No doubt she would not hesitate to slap us down if we don't respect her, though.

    In the cavern, the flow is indiscernable and kudos to the cavern class that can come through there and not leave an obvious trace.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts