Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: VR3 question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default VR3 question

    Playing with my new toy...is there a way to store the gasses you are most likely to use?
    I'm not talking about the A, B & C profiles, I am able to store what I want there. For instance, I have in my "A" profile just simply air, 32% & 95% and I can recall that profile anytime I want but...
    I program in the 10 gasses I'm most likely to ever use and after a while (I dunno, 1/2 hr maybe an hour) the computer defaults back to the gasses set at the factory, one I remember was 71% nitrox. Who uses 71%?!?

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Default Re: VR3 question

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Who uses 71%?!?
    I don't know, but the problem I have is that my Dive Rite computers only go up to 99% for deco gas. It sure is a pain to pump 30psi of air into my deco bottle to get the mix right.





    I'm kidding!


  3. #3
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cocoa Beach
    Posts
    583

    Default Re: VR3 question

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Playing with my new toy...is there a way to store the gasses you are most likely to use?
    I'm not talking about the A, B & C profiles, I am able to store what I want there. For instance, I have in my "A" profile just simply air, 32% & 95% and I can recall that profile anytime I want but...
    I program in the 10 gasses I'm most likely to ever use and after a while (I dunno, 1/2 hr maybe an hour) the computer defaults back to the gasses set at the factory, one I remember was 71% nitrox. Who uses 71%?!?
    My VR3 doesn't do that. I program in the gases and they stick around unless I change them. I don't recall doing anything special to have that happen. Maybe your VR3 is "not healthy".

    Bob K

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default VR3

    I don't think you are saving your changes after you put the gasses in.

    PS I have had this happen and that is what my problem was but as long as I saved it stays.


  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default Re: VR3

    It might be what Curt said. The only time I lost my gasses is when I let the battery die for a while.
    Just for giggles, what is your battery voltage?? Have you tried going to the Li battery? I had no luck at all with NICADs and even the decent leads don't last very long.


    Quote Originally Posted by curtschu
    I don't think you are saving your changes after you put the gasses in.

    PS I have had this happen and that is what my problem was but as long as I saved it stays.

    "Is this thing on?"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Voltage meter is reading 2.8

    I think I have it figured out. Just for grins, I saved three different profiles (A, B & C).

    "A" I saved 10 gasses: air, 32, 36, 50. 80, 95, 20/30, 18/50, 15/55 & 10/60

    "B" I saved 3 gasses: air, 32 & 95

    "C" I saved 4 gasses: air, 50, 95 & 20/30

    But, I was thinking I should be able to save a list of 10 gasses somewhere in the unit NOT in any profile and access this list, pick & choose the appropriate gasses and direct them to a profile. Apparently this cannot be done?

    OR

    Do I save all ten gasses in the three profiles and turn each gas on or off as needed depending on the dive?

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  7. #7
    mfascuba
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Voltage meter is reading 2.8

    I think I have it figured out. Just for grins, I saved three different profiles (A, B & C).

    "A" I saved 10 gasses: air, 32, 36, 50. 80, 95, 20/30, 18/50, 15/55 & 10/60

    "B" I saved 3 gasses: air, 32 & 95

    "C" I saved 4 gasses: air, 50, 95 & 20/30

    But, I was thinking I should be able to save a list of 10 gasses somewhere in the unit NOT in any profile and access this list, pick & choose the appropriate gasses and direct them to a profile. Apparently this cannot be done?

    OR

    Do I save all ten gasses in the three profiles and turn each gas on or off as needed depending on the dive?
    You've got to save the gasses within the profiles, as you thought. Then you enable or disable them to turn on or off the ones you're using on that particular dive. If you're doing a dive and have to change a preset gas, you'll have to modify one of the ones in the profile you're using and then change to it.

    The directions that come with the VR3 are horrible - there is no denying that. Once you get the hang of it you'll love it, though.

    Mark


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: VR3 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Who uses 71%?!?
    I don't know, but the problem I have is that my Dive Rite computers only go up to 99% for deco gas. It sure is a pain to pump 30psi of air into my deco bottle to get the mix right.





    I'm kidding!
    Good one. Have an imaginary blob.

    Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Voltage meter is reading 2.8
    I think I have it figured out. Just for grins, I saved three different profiles (A, B & C).
    "A" I saved 10 gasses: air, 32, 36, 50. 80, 95, 20/30, 18/50, 15/55 & 10/60
    "B" I saved 3 gasses: air, 32 & 95
    "C" I saved 4 gasses: air, 50, 95 & 20/30
    But, I was thinking I should be able to save a list of 10 gasses somewhere in the unit NOT in any profile and access this list, pick & choose the appropriate gasses and direct them to a profile. Apparently this cannot be done?
    OR
    Do I save all ten gasses in the three profiles and turn each gas on or off as needed depending on the dive?
    There's four spots where gasses can be preserved - one spot is the "current configuration" and the others are the three profiles. So if you set up the gasses in your current configuration, they should remain forever, unless you change them or load a profile. If you load a profile, than *all* the gasses in the current configuration will be overwritten by the ones in that profile. This includes the gasses enabled in that profile as well as the ones that are not. So gasses are necessarily associated with a profile - there's not a single common gas list for the entire unit.

    I'm guessing 71% was still present (but not used) in profile B or C and thus it "came back" into the current configuration when you loaded it. Since you have only nine total gasses across all configurations, I'd make a common gas list for all of them (keep the numbers consistent) and then enable and disable the appropriate gasses and save each profile.

    The documentation is indeed horrible, especially when it comes to profiles.

    Ethan


  10. #10

    Default Re: VR3 question

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    Playing with my new toy...is there a way to store the gasses you are most likely to use?
    I'm not talking about the A, B & C profiles, I am able to store what I want there. For instance, I have in my "A" profile just simply air, 32% & 95% and I can recall that profile anytime I want but...
    I program in the 10 gasses I'm most likely to ever use and after a while (I dunno, 1/2 hr maybe an hour) the computer defaults back to the gasses set at the factory, one I remember was 71% nitrox. Who uses 71%?!?
    You did a [short left click] [long right click] [short left] [short right] [long left] instead of a [long left] [short right] [short left] [long right]

    Ryan.....

    This is the most boring and non-humorous signature line ever.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts