Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cazenovia, NY EX-Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    242

    Default Caribbean Island cave diving

    Ok, so we all know how karst topography forms, when limestone platforms have groundwater flow through them... so my question is, which islands in the caribbean have cave diving in them? All of the islands are either volcanic or karstic in origin, so the ones that are karstic should have caves if they have a freshwater lense (groundwater flow), right? So who knows which islands have cave diving? I know the Bahamas, Bermuda, (florida), Cuba, Mexico, and what else? Would anyone like to enlighten me?
    Cheers,
    Andrew


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default Islands

    The Dominican Republic has some nice stuff I hear.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    There was no cave diving in any of the places you mentioned, before someone looked around, and found them. If you happen to be on an island, ask around. I do that everytime I am in the Carribean.

    I have found several small caves on Caribbean islands. The Big ones are still waiting to be found

    Are you planning a trip, or is this just curiosity.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cazenovia, NY EX-Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    242

    Default

    a little bit of both... very curious about it, but also im planning an 'extended vacation' somewhere to the Caribbean/ tropical areas sometime soon after I finish my masters degree, and it would be nice to go somewhere that had some cave diving 8)



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts