Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gainesville Fl.
    Posts
    500

    Default Wormhole

    How do the restrictions being discussed compare to the Wormhole?


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South Tampa
    Posts
    193

    Default

    The Wormhole is tighter in general, but the one restriction on the bypass is
    harder to get through. Ralph had to show me who to turn to get through it during my apprentice class.


  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Actually, the wormhole is not bad at all in backmount. There is video of Barney and JoeyP swimming it, somewhere.

    "Is this thing on?"

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Actually, the wormhole is not bad at all in backmount. There is video of Barney and JoeyP swimming it, somewhere.
    Back mount is fine for the by pass. I think it's one of the better dives in front of the cave. Cristian had a video on his website, I think that is the one you were thinking about. www.neptunoworld.com


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Not to thread jack but which way at what tee to get through the wormhole?
    We tried it but punted after a couple of wrong turns.

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valdosta,Ga
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: I've done it in Doubles BM

    Can you airshare through that 90 degree squeeze? I didn't say it couldn't be done. I said I don't think it's suitable.

    This is perhaps where the 9' extended hose would be better than the 7' hose maybe? I know I have dove with some tall people before and I ate fins realy bad when we did air share drills and was wishing I had a 9' and was wondering the same thing about Madison Blue having to share air going thru the half hitch.

    (All give some, Some give ALL . Semper Fi) Safe Diving (JAMMER)

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06
    Quote Originally Posted by jeandiver
    P.S. Angie: You and Cindy are definately cut from the same cloth , so to speak. She keeps mentioning Dark Water and I shudder... ( lol )

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Reim
    Oh really?? I've always wanted to do the dark water tunnel.
    You know what? ME TOO.
    I've been told to come at it from the Crossover side. I heed my mentors well , you know...
    Someday we can do it.

    Jeano Beano
    Jean,

    I did the darwater tunnel and yes, it is better done from the crossover side (attempted it from the mainline side and it is just too silty to be fun) and it was a relatively easy thing (I say relatively because nothing in an overhead environment should ever be referred to as " easy", too much stuff can go wrong...)
    Anyhow, do your reel fron the crossover and then at the end of darwater, at the mainline hang a left again back to crossover and pick up your reel on the way out to the peanut line, nice dive and you exit the shallow way. Have fun.

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    PS Sorry for the hijack....back to the regular thread...
    Thankies!!!

    Ok , back to the regular thread !!!

    Da Bean

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Back mount is fine for the by pass.
    Sometimes I think it is square peg and round hole. I think the more the square peg enters the round hole it eventually becomes a square hole. I think we have to weigh the amount of attrition that is done to a passage in things like do I have lime stone marks on the tanks? is there pieces of limestone on my wing when I disassemble my gear? I've talked to many old timers about passages that are small,and they one thing that I commonly hear is about how a passage has become reamed out.


  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop
    Quote Originally Posted by muzz
    Back mount is fine for the by pass.
    Sometimes I think it is square peg and round hole. I think the more the square peg enters the round hole it eventually becomes a square hole. I think we have to weigh the amount of attrition that is done to a passage in things like do I have lime stone marks on the tanks? is there pieces of limestone on my wing when I disassemble my gear? I've talked to many old timers about passages that are small,and they one thing that I commonly hear is about how a passage has become reamed out.
    Yes, I remember when the half-hitch at Madison Blue was tight, and both entrances to Devil's Eye/Ear.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I was told how tight Rocky Horror used to be real tight. I've experienced that as well as in the lips at Peacock.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts