Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Cow Springs - Update

    Cow Springs will be closed Saturday, March 17, 2007, fo replacement of the pull rope.

    This only applies to the upstream section. The cavern and downstream section will still be open.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    182

    Default Assitance

    Hey Forrest - I will be up at Cathy's that day if ya'll need any help hauling or placing line.

    Let me know - I 'd love to help!


    Pat

    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default No Pat!!!!

    You have done you civic duty for this month. You MUST go diving. Even if you do a free dive in OG that will be fine. Thanks for all your help.

    Curt


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    182

    Default Hey Curt

    Too funny!



    Thanks Curt, the cavort was great fun and everyone there seemed to have a good time.

    I was glad to help but I have to say whatever assistance I provided was miniscule when compared to the inimitable Bernice Nemeth. She is truly an amazing human being and I think I can safely say that this was definitely the most well fed cavort ever!

    I will definitely find time to be in the water first thing saturday. I have one of your coozies and will order the other...honest...



    FW - please excuse the hijack....back to the regularly scheduled program...


    Pat

    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

  5. #5

    Default

    I thought someone replaced the rope not long ago?


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwenner
    I thought someone replaced the rope not long ago?
    They did, but there are a couple of badly frayed sections, so we are replacing it with nylon rope this time.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7

    Default What kind of nylon rope?

    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Quote Originally Posted by mwenner
    I thought someone replaced the rope not long ago?
    They did, but there are a couple of badly frayed sections, so we are replacing it with nylon rope this time.
    Hopfully you put in a serious nylon rope, somthing on the order of 11mm PMI pit rope. Besides the fact you'll get a much longer life out of any nylon in contrast to that plastic stuff. Look forward to seeing and using it, good luck and thanks for helping maintain a great site.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Re: What kind of nylon rope?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaverCraig
    Hopfully you put in a serious nylon rope, somthing on the order of 11mm PMI pit rope. Besides the fact you'll get a much longer life out of any nylon in contrast to that plastic stuff. Look forward to seeing and using it, good luck and thanks for helping maintain a great site.
    Actually it is 12.5mm PMI

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Cow is open again, but we only got about 80% done. The old rope still runs to the place where the mainline and rope split. There also needs to be some work done on chaffe protection, and a little cleanup. If anyone will be around during the week, and wants to help, talk to Mike or Cathy at Dive Outpost.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts