Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cork Ireland
    Posts
    269

    Default Best dives in florida

    Can anyone tell me the best dive sites for cave diving in florida. I am a cave diver and have done dives at peaock and around that area and blue springs and eagles. I really loved all of them CAn aynoe tell me if there is any more really good ones off the beaten track. And if so where can i get a map of them. thanks

    Brendan O'Brien

  2. #2
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default Re: Best dives in florida

    Quote Originally Posted by bob1577
    Can anyone tell me the best dive sites for cave diving in florida. I am a cave diver and have done dives at peaock and around that area and blue springs and eagles. I really loved all of them CAn aynoe tell me if there is any more really good ones off the beaten track. And if so where can i get a map of them. thanks
    Gold Mill Slough

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    366

    Default

    what tickles your fancy? For example, if you like sidemount, go to Jug Hole or enjoy some crazy awesome river caves. Also, have you been to Bonnet, Manatee, Madison?

    I like big rooms. They tend to be in deeper caves though, so I don't know if you're just ready for that. A problem with these sites, is that a lot of them are closed to diving

    I'm sure you'll have fun finding out which ones are your favorites.

    Cheers

    Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    You didn't mention Devil's Eye

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5

    Default Re: Best dives in florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg
    Gold Mill Slough


  6. #6

    Default

    There is a map with almost 200 sites here - http://caves.tampadiving.com


  7. #7
    Guest

    Default

    Black Lagoon at Hart Spring.


  8. #8
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default Re: Best dives in florida

    Quote Originally Posted by bob1577
    Can anyone tell me the best dive sites for cave diving in florida. I am a cave diver and have done dives at peaock and around that area and blue springs and eagles. I really loved all of them CAn aynoe tell me if there is any more really good ones off the beaten track. And if so where can i get a map of them. thanks
    Hi Irish Bob!

    Buford (same area as Eagle's Nest) is my favorite.

    Shirley


  9. #9

    Default

    Buford in the winter time, its excellent!!!!



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts