Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Default Lafayette County Accident

    Anyone have any information on an accident at Lafayette Blue today?

    I hope it is false or the diver is safe.


  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I don't think the location is correct


  3. #3

    Default

    The details are sketchy right now. I will wait to post something when the facts are actually known.

    At this point I have been told that a solo diver is missing in a cave system near Lafayette. The IUCRR has been notified.


  4. #4

    Default

    On behalf of the IUCRR, I can state there appears to have been a fatality in a small system near Lafayette Blue, Mayo County, Florida. The victim's dive plan was a solo, side mount exploration dive.

    Recovery personnel and law enforcement personnel are on site as well as friends of the victim. I would urge that the community not speculate as to the cause of this accident. Our prayers and support go out to the family and friends.

    Regards
    /Ken Hill


  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Thank you Ken. My prayers to friends and family.

    "Is this thing on?"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hill
    ...small system near Lafayette Blue, Mayo County, Florida. The victim's dive plan was a solo, side mount exploration dive.
    ...
    I'm sorry to hear that terrible news.

    However Ken could you be more specific on location, there is no Mayo county in Florida, and is this system connected w/upstream Lafayette Blue Spring or it is separate? Perry Spring, Thomas Spring? Is it in Suwanee rvr or on the opposite rvr.bank from LB? Thanks.


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY
    However Ken could you be more specific on location, there is no Mayo county in Florida, and is this system connected w/upstream Lafayette Blue Spring or it is separate? Perry Spring, Thomas Spring? Is it in Suwanee rvr or on the opposite rvr.bank from LB? Thanks.
    Ary,

    Ken (the IUCRR Director) is doing what he can and is allowed to. He is limited to what can be stated by the IUCRR as well as his common sense.

    Let the IUCRR team do their work and the information will be forthcoming. I created this thread so that information would be in one place -- it will come.

    The accident was in Lafayette County and near Lafayette Blue (not in Lafayette Blue). I am sure more information will be made available soon. The current concern is for the family, friends and IUCRR team. My thoughts and prayers go out to them all.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    round hill Va.
    Posts
    76

    Default

    you've got class Gibby


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tn.
    Posts
    244

    Default



    Mike M



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts