Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Breitling Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf Advice

    I found a watch on ebay that looks very strong for diving. It's item number 280072419280 and I am just curious if anyone has had any expierience with this. It looks like a great deal, I saw this watch list for as much as $3100. Any thoughts?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Good down to 3KM, so I would say it would hold up to anything you might put it through. But why would a typical diver want to pay that much for a piece that will do nothing but keep time? I apid around $300 for my Citizen which is good well beyond any depths I wll ever see and it also provides dive logging. Breitling is a good company, but at that price I would want a lot more functionality from a dive watch.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  3. #3
    Guest

    Default

    The Breitling is not so much a watch as a piece of jewelry. My $30 Timex does everything you need a watch to do, and has been to 192'.

    But if you like it, buy it!


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Sludge is spot on. I have an Omega Planet Ocean - it's realy pretty (well I think so), it goes down to 2000 feet... and I've never taken it diving.

    It's jewelry. If you want something for diving spend the money on two identical computers (for redundancy).

    ...But as a WATCH, in order the most popular diving watches are Rolex, Omega... then Breitling. So it's a popular, well-regarded toy.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default Re: Breitling Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf Advice

    The post was a troll but have turned into a rational subject.

    I started to look for a watch to replace G-shock i've been using for 10 years - digits are too small/eyes too old. I kinda like design with analog hands and bright backlight - so called "navy seal" ( $140 on l-pro site). Is there other with bright permanent glow and large panel/numbers rated to 300' ? And cheap too


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    208

    Default food for thought

    I was lucky enough to get a nice "dive" watch some years ago for Christmas. I took my nice cool "dive" watch to the VI's and apparently didn’t have the turney thingys on the side as tight as they should have been. and low and behold… you guessed it, flooded. at that point it was worth the price of the metal it was made out of. Its been back to Switzerland 3 times now at ~$300/trip and still, to this day, doesn’t work quite right.

    MORAL of the story. if you do decide to buy a nice "dive" watch, make dog gone sure that the posts are tight, really tight, prior to entering the water. just my $.02 worth.
    Oh yeah. BTW, I’ve used a zip tie around the clasp to make sure that it doesn’t float away. : )

    --jm


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Two Rivers, Wisconsin
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Geez for $3100, pretty or not, you could "almost" buy redundant VR3's! That's what I would buy.

    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gainesville Fl.
    Posts
    500

    Default Interesting coincidence

    I was curious enough to go look at the watch on Ebay and noticed that the seller's nickname is "pred8ter", just like the party who posted on here! What are the odds of that?


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Damn! I should have noticed the one post...

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  10. #10

    Default

    I bought a brietling super ocean pro about 10 years ago and love diving with it, BUT DONT USE IT WITH A DUI it will rip the seals. My watch has never been serviced or missed a beat. you will love it. Better than a Rolex, but insure it cause like other cave gear IT HAS A WAY OF GOING MIA.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts