Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: CARBIDE

  1. #1

    Default CARBIDE

    Any cavers know where I can buy carbide in Florida? I know I can order it online, however shipping is double the cost of the carbide so I"m hoping to find a place to pick it up.
    Thanks Craig [/b]


  2. #2
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default RE: Carbide?

    Yes, all the best dive lights run on carbide and water.

    Try contacting Inner Mountain Outfitters ( http://www.caves.org/imo ) they've been good about keeping up with sources, and I believe have a shipper that will handle small quantities. There aren't a whole lot of producers left though, and most of those are only going to ship large quantities ( like a pallet of 100 lb drums ) because of hazmat shipping costs.

    Failing that, I have a good part of a 100 lb drum of nut grade left since I haven't caved with a flame on my head in a while. I might be able to smuggle a can or two down that way next time I come.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts