Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mfascuba
    Guest

    Default Question about Jackson Blue

    Where did all of the garbage come from in the room that's about 2200 ft in? Is there a sink hole to the surface? Weird... I'm new to that cave, got a chance to dive it Saturday, and it was worth the drive.

    Well?????


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cazenovia, NY EX-Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Yea, there at least WAS a sink there sometime ago... if you go over to the pile there is a line going straight up the shaft above the pile. I havent been up it, but im thinking another dive to that shaft to explore. I have no idea where the sink might be on the surface, probably not too hard to find...


  3. #3
    Guest

    Default

    That's the Trash Room. The jump to the left at p2250' is the Mystery Shaft. It used to go to a sinkhole many years ago, but it was filled in long before I ever dived there. I've gone up it to d60', but it got too tight.

    Some people call the Trash Room Busch Gardens because of all the Busch beer cans. That room is my favorite one to poke around in.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Panama City Florida
    Posts
    481

    Default

    If you leave the park and make a right hand turn onto Blue Springs Road and then the first turn to the left. There is a stand of pine trees to the right of the road where Blue Springs Road intersects. This is by map overlay. I never actually saw the sink before it was the stand of trees that are there now.


  5. #5

    Default

    I don't recommend trying to dig up into the sink from below. A crazy buddy of mine tried that once - it wasn't pleasant for him or me


  6. #6
    mfascuba
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogwatch
    I don't recommend trying to dig up into the sink from below. A crazy buddy of mine tried that once - it wasn't pleasant for him or me
    Is that like wrestling with a pig?? You won't win, and all you'll get is muddy, but the pig will love it....


  7. #7
    Genesis
    Guest

    Default

    I've gone up there..... a little ways..... not recomended....


  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Making sinks bigger

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    I've gone up there..... a little ways..... not recomended....
    Imagine Sheck in Friedman digging at the top of the cave to get to the surface? Anyone have more details when he did that? ( Sorry for the Hijack )



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts