Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Default Re: Primary dive light

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrichards
    Dang- I always leave my gear laying around. I have been worrying where my primary light got off to. I'll pick it up at Ginnie before I start my next cave course.

    What a relief.....

    Johnny
    Is that the DIR model???
    Absolutely- with the unnecessary high dollar stainless steel replaced with duct tape.

    The well-equipped cave instructor must have the latest and best in cave equipment.

    You should see my Student Control Device (SCD):

    http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Categ...BLT.html?Hit=1

    Johnny


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default Re: Primary dive light

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrichards
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrichards
    Dang- I always leave my gear laying around. I have been worrying where my primary light got off to. I'll pick it up at Ginnie before I start my next cave course.

    What a relief.....

    Johnny
    Is that the DIR model???
    Absolutely- with the unnecessary high dollar stainless steel replaced with duct tape.

    The well-equipped cave instructor must have the latest and best in cave equipment.

    You should see my Student Control Device (SCD):

    http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Categ...BLT.html?Hit=1

    Johnny
    Johnny
    Your student control device also has a secondary function of laying line in very tight passage. There is a better product student control device out there http://www.lcsupply.com/Product/Elec...Shock-Collars/


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On the other side of Morning.
    Posts
    380

    Default

    During my training I was required to wear the Jockstrap version of that one SCD. It only took 2 or 3 jolts before I got it through my fiendish little brain that swimming the line or assuming a Head up Fins down position wasn't going to be tolerated. It was Hell on my Sack er I mean my SAC rate though.

    On another note I want to apologize for my previous post concerning the HID bulb. It was 2 for 1 Guinness night at the Pub and after a few pints I'm prone to obsessing about the past. I wont bring it up again..........Maybe?

    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

  4. #14
    Guest

    Default

    No problem. What else would we expect from someone called caver anger?


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Oh, give the kid a break! My first divelight didn't look much better

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cazenovia, NY EX-Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Oh, give the kid a break! My first divelight didn't look much better
    Thats because it was 150 years ago, before masks were even invented!


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akcaver
    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Oh, give the kid a break! My first divelight didn't look much better
    Thats because it was 150 years ago, before masks were even invented!
    Nah, we had masks, just not electricity

    Speaking of lights, I am still hauling that box of halogen light parts around.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Oh, give the kid a break! My first divelight didn't look much better
    Are you talking about your Mason jar filled with fireflies?

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On the other side of Morning.
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge
    No problem. What else would we expect from someone called caver anger?

    DOH!!! I get too much caffeine!!


    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Oh, give the kid a break! My first divelight didn't look much better

    Mine was a Zippo lighter in an Alligator baggie.

    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne
    Are you talking about your Mason jar filled with fire-flys?
    Nah, the Mason jar held my ball of yarn...

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts