Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Down at Ginnie last weekend, I couldn't believe all the tanks left unattended sitting on tables. Mostly from a single group of about 8, that was there with their instructor. While we were in the water, one fell off and blew. Then another extra bottle they had lying in the sun blew a disk and missiled across the ground for 25 ft. How much common sense does that take?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Come on, Ginnie, OW divers, OW instructor. all common sense was checked at the gate


  3. #3

    Default Re: Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    Come on, Ginnie, OW divers, OW instructor. all common sense was checked at the gate
    At Devils on Friday - certified "Cave Diver" left his O2 bottle standing up, unattended on top of the picnic table.

    At Cave East I have seen certified "Cave Divers" leave their O2 bottles leaning against their vehicles, waiting to fall over onto the pavement.

    Its not just OW divers who check their common sense at the gate, unfortunately.

    Jim Wyatt
    Cavediveflorida

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Draper, Utah / Ft. White, Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by stairman
    Down at Ginnie last weekend, I couldn't believe all the tanks left unattended sitting on tables. Mostly from a single group of about 8, that was there with their instructor. While we were in the water, one fell off and blew. Then another extra bottle they had lying in the sun blew a disk and missiled across the ground for 25 ft. How much common sense does that take?
    Cool! This might make for good entertainment. Might be a cheap 4th of July!


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt
    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    Come on, Ginnie, OW divers, OW instructor. all common sense was checked at the gate
    At Devils on Friday - certified "Cave Diver" left his O2 bottle standing up, unattended on top of the picnic table.

    At Cave East I have seen certified "Cave Divers" leave their O2 bottles leaning against their vehicles, waiting to fall over onto the pavement.

    Its not just OW divers who check their common sense at the gate, unfortunately.
    Thats why I like Steel tanks with no boot. I have no common sense but at least I would blow anyone up in the process.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: Tanks left on picnic tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt
    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    Come on, Ginnie, OW divers, OW instructor. all common sense was checked at the gate
    At Devils on Friday - certified "Cave Diver" left his O2 bottle standing up, unattended on top of the picnic table.

    At Cave East I have seen certified "Cave Divers" leave their O2 bottles leaning against their vehicles, waiting to fall over onto the pavement.

    Its not just OW divers who check their common sense at the gate, unfortunately.
    Yea, I never leave O2 bottles standing in or near my fill station if they belong to me or not. Anytime I see one standing up in my fill station I lay it down. I do not carry my O2 (or anyone else's) by the strap like I see +90% of people do. I always carry my O2 bottle by the valve.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts