Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cincinnati / High Springs
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    I had been thinking of going in there with a scooter and seeing if I can move some of the sand around.
    do you hate your scooter? im still picking sand out places i never knew it could get to even after a shower!


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Between you, me, and everyone else reading this public thread, I had been thinking of going in there with a scooter and seeing if I can move some of the sand around. I'm appreciative of your effort.
    Worth noting to this idea in other cave systems too, many species are bottom dwelling and feeding . Disturbing the bottom takes species that are considered imperiled by FNAI away from a food source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Worth noting to this idea in other cave systems too, many species are bottom dwelling and feeding . Disturbing the bottom takes species that are considered imperiled by FNAI away from a food source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a pen off Hill 400 with plenty of critters that are being raised for the paleo diet crowd. It's a booming business.

    True story, I saw three pigmented crayfish both in the basin of the eye and in the run from little devil's Wednesday evening. They were the most I had seen at any given time in several years.

    Ken Sallot

  4. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    There's a pen off Hill 400 with plenty of critters that are being raised for the paleo diet crowd. It's a booming business.

    True story, I saw three pigmented crayfish both in the basin of the eye and in the run from little devil's Wednesday evening. They were the most I had seen at any given time in several years.
    That?s awesome!!! Perhaps goes along with the SantaFe Crayfish cookbook.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Between you, me, and everyone else reading this public thread, I had been thinking of going in there with a scooter and seeing if I can move some of the sand around. I'm appreciative of your effort.
    There is a new Seacraft for sale in the gear forum. Should do the job.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Ginnie only owns the land access to the cave.

    Jason Gulley

  7. #17
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Ginnie only owns the land access to the cave.
    I've said it a hundred times, if you are on Ginnie Springs' property and want to go cave diving, the first thing you have to do is leave their property.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sand Slide at Peacock III
    By adam_Hughes in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 04:56 PM
  2. Slide Show of Mayan Blue
    By AB8CD in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts