Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Can
    Posts
    91

    Default Searching for old valves

    I'm looking for 2 1/2'' tapered valves for 2 old steel 72 tanks.

    Bernie
    Naui 1994
    Naui advanced 1995
    TDI nitrox 1996
    Full cave NSS-CDS 1998
    Abe davies 2001
    IANTD trimix 2002

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Can
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I can't believe it : 127 views & nobody has any, this is a 1st. Would anybody know where to find some or an alternate solution??

    Bernie
    Naui 1994
    Naui advanced 1995
    TDI nitrox 1996
    Full cave NSS-CDS 1998
    Abe davies 2001
    IANTD trimix 2002

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Are you looking for single valves or a manifold?

    I have a USD j valve manifold.

    Cheers

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I will look in my stash. If I haven't given them all to the museum, I will sell you them

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    I will look in my stash. If I haven't given them all to the museum, I will sell you them
    I need one too... I got a narrow neck 72 back from hydro, but no valve for it.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I'm looking for the same thing to turn a few medical O2 bottles into deco bottles.



    G


  7. #7

    Default

    127 posts and a mabey your doing good it took me 2 yrs to find 2
    Richard


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    You might want to try here.
    http://www.goingunder.net/VGFS5.htm

    Just for giggles, this weekend I am going to get on my lathe and see if I can turn down a old K vlave to half inch thread.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Sorry guys, no 1/2" tapered valves here.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Can
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Right now i'm using medical valves, you know those post things that need that lever. I needed those way back since the only O2 i could get in Mtl was at the medical suplier. But shops are getting better and one of those valves is starting to leek to often. So i just need 2 straight k valves.

    Bernie
    Naui 1994
    Naui advanced 1995
    TDI nitrox 1996
    Full cave NSS-CDS 1998
    Abe davies 2001
    IANTD trimix 2002


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts