Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Warm Springs

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    30

    Default Warm Springs

    Heading to Florida next week and Buford Spring is on my list of spots to hit. I figured while I am there I could check out Warm Springs as well. Sounds like it's a little hike from Buford. I've never been to Buford and was hoping someone could give me a general idea of directions from Buford to Warm Springs. TIA!


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bartow, FL
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Hmmmm. "Warm Springs"? The only one I can think of is Warm Mineral Springs down by North Port. But I am not sure if they are open regular hours right now. And I'm pretty sure there is no diving but you can always check.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Central GA
    Posts
    427

    Default

    http://www.caveatlas.com/systems/sys...p?ID=179&co=US
    Someone reported conditions back in November. There is an email address if you click on the name. There are also coordinates.

    Derek

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Cool, had never heard of Warm springs


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Way down upon the Suwannee River
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I’ve been once. It’s awesome; basically a giant pool averaging about 10-20 feet deep with a horseshoe shaped canyon about 70 feet deep around half the pool. The viz was very good when I went, a bit more greenish than Buford but still enough to see down to the bottom. It is quite a hike to get out there, so I didn’t end up bringing my gear. Just a mask and fins. Someone brought a couple canoes all the way out there which you can use to get around the spring. Be sure to take care of them as well as the rest of the environment. Bring a GPS and enough batteries to last if you get lost, and let someone know you’re going. It’s a very special place; completely wild and unspoiled. I highly recommend it to anyone who’s up for an adventure.

    Here’s a video that shows it: https://youtu.be/8XTHS53bsyw

    Approximate coordinates are 28.6360591, -82.5965995. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    "....The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose fall is marred by dust, and sweat, ....who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1

    Default

    First time seeing a video of Warm Springs, that does look awesome. Might be worth the slog to check it out with a tank.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I’ve wanted to check warm springs out for several years. But every time I’ve been at Buford I look out into the swamp and say to myself next time lol , It will be one hell of a hike.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Buford/Warm Springs Conditions?
    By karstanimal17 in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2019, 06:41 AM
  2. Warm Springs in Florida
    By in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 09:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts