Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default Last holiday of the summer at Ginnie

    A few of us will be at Ginnie on Sunday,and were gonna set up a sting while the shrimp are boiling.Well take turns watching the decoy scuba item just asking to be lifted.When we get bored with it,well lock it back up.Others are urged to do the same.Thieves may not bite,but theyll be down there Im sure.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    "a watched pot never boils". The same is true for "Scuba bait"

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Ginnie

    Good luck...

    If you have too much shrimp to go around you could bring me some in rental. I'll be hungry. I never turn down good Shrimp.
    Tom Hundley


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Well the shrimp was good as well as the sights. I only wish cave excursions would have posted that they would be closed on sunday.No nitrox kept my dive buddys away.So with no open truck,mines enclosed,no covert activities occured.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default You should have been there

    So you have to do a little more deco. (Sorry Roger) Lucky we filled in Orlando Saturday and only had to top with air from Ginnie.
    I think they really need to consider selling nitrox.
    We had the whole cave to ourselves, I think I saw maybe 12 other people.
    There was Ron's 4 Kevin's 4 and two other teams I saw very briefly as they went by. We got to poke around in the catacombs and find some shortcuts I have never used before. It was great. Thanks to all you folks that stayed away. BTW I agree the sights were a slight bit above normal.
    Must be a good freshmen class at UF this year.

    Curt



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts