Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    5

    Default National Geographic - The Rescue

    Anyone watch it yet? Follows the rescue of a boys soccer team from the cave in Thailand. Its streaming on Disney+

    https://films.nationalgeographic.com/the-rescue

    I found the equipment used by the rescue divers and the single tank recreational setups used by the Thai Navy Seal divers to be interesting.


  2. #2

    Default

    I watched this documentary two nights ago and found it to be really touching. Obviously because all the kids and their coach were saved but also the way the documentary gave details I hadn't heard before and really told the story mostly from the Brit cave divers POV. (And the Aussie doctor too once he came into the story.) I'm wondering if any of them are on CDF.
    Very well done in my opinion and I even got teary eyed during some parts. It was also nice seeing some USAF PJs instrumental in helping too, even when the Brits were about to fly back home. Bureaucracy never ceases to bewilder me.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Just watched tonight. Very well made. Most people would have walked away from that #### show but it?s so great to see there was a happy ending and that people eventually recognized the cave divers were more trained than navy seals for the environment. I liked that they made sure to make that point. I thought it was great.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

    http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum


 

Similar Threads

  1. National Geographic – Adventurers of the Year
    By starnawski in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2016, 06:53 PM
  2. Wes & the National geographic
    By bernieflyer in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:58 AM
  3. National Geographic
    By Shocky in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
  4. National Geographic Cave Diving Documentary
    By Brian Kakuk in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts