Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Is this normal?

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    I'm not trolling. Maybe a little with the Trump comment but not the opening post. It's a true story and honest questions. I dont know why you would think it's trolling.


  2. #12

    Default

    But are you looking for a GUE class or you just use that config?


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveg View Post
    But are you looking for a GUE class or you just use that config?
    Neither. I cant do the GUE class and I wouldn't have bought the GUE setup, it just came with the unit. Having said that, I would do a class in any configuration since right after the class I'm gonna switch to sidemounted bailout anyways. Standard here is the dangly DIR stage set up for bailout (or even worse: carbon tanks) which I dont like.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Neither. I cant do the GUE class and I wouldn't have bought the GUE setup, it just came with the unit. Having said that, I would do a class in any configuration since right after the class I'm gonna switch to sidemounted bailout anyways. Standard here is the dangly DIR stage set up for bailout (or even worse: carbon tanks) which I dont like.
    It would seem like you should take the course with someone who can work with you in both backmount and sidemount configuration. Are you sure you bought the right unit for sidemounted bailout?

    Edit: do you mean you are going to use the unit in sidemount configuration for bailout or use tanks in a sidemounted configuration with the unit still in backmount? I guess i was confused what you meant when i first posted.

    Last edited by Garth; 12-13-2021 at 08:20 AM. Reason: unsure of what he meant
    If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

    http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    It would seem like you should take the course with someone who can work with you in both backmount and sidemount configuration. Are you sure you bought the right unit for sidemounted bailout?

    Edit: do you mean you are going to use the unit in sidemount configuration for bailout or use tanks in a sidemounted configuration with the unit still in backmount? I guess i was confused what you meant when i first posted.
    He?s saying he wants to use the unit with sidemounted bailout


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Yes, I meant the bailout not the unit.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Normal DIN Valves (2)
    By v101 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2020, 05:18 PM
  2. Sidemount- Specialty or the new normal?
    By cerich in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 09:49 PM
  3. Is this normal? (another valve question)
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts