Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    67

    Default The Rescue movie (2021)

    Has anyone seen this movie? Thought some of you guys might be interested. I think some people mentioned a few people involved with the rescue are on this forum. Saw a little XDeep and Apeks gear in the film when I watched it.

    Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Kw5kAPSbk


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I thought they did a good job. I think the way they illustrated the tunnels showed some of the many challenges. Of Jimmy's films, I thought Meru was better than this and Free Solo worse.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    252

    Default

    My wife and I both saw it as soon as it was available. We both had high hopes for this as it was directed by Jimmy Chin & Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi - As Napalm noted they did Meru and Free Solo. We were very pleased at how it came out and I'd highly recommend this documentary to anyone who remembers this event when it dominated the media.

    David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Where is this movie available?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    91

    Default

    It's in select theatres. Only one theatre by me is showing it and on the opposite side of town. Then there is only a single showing today, which I can't make and all times during the week are during the work day. I guess I'll have to wait til I can stream it online.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2021, 01:50 PM
  2. Manatee closed 4-3-2021
    By twaldo in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2021, 01:11 PM
  3. Madison (4/2/2021)
    By Ajanelle in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2021, 04:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts