Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    400

    Default What is up with the NACD??

    Hey all,

    I have been trying to get a replacement NACD cave card since March of this year. I still have my original one, but it is old and hard to read.

    I spoke to the NACD back in March, who had me fill out a form, and then send them payment for a replacement card. They also confirmed that I am certified with Jim Wyatt, my cave instructor.

    Since then, they still have not sent me a new card, and are not responding to any of my emails.

    Anyone have any suggestions how I can get a new card?

    Thanks
    Rick Hartman

    Rick

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    I had the same readability issues with my old card. I received no response after completing the online replacement card app about 3 or 4 years ago and had to reach out to Rick Murcar who sped things along. Good luck.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Is this where we come to say "LOL" and point you to do a search and read about how ridiculous the NACD has become?


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default What is up with the NACD??

    I may be wrong but can?t you get a NSSCDS instructor to give you a card if you show him your NACD card? I know you?d have to pay but ?. I say this because when you take a class they sometimes ask which card you want. I was considering doing that myself. Maybe Jim can do that for you since he was your instructor.
    NACD is pretty much nonexistent in the states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I asked Jim about that back in March, but he suggested I go through the NACD first. I should probably reach out to him again.

    Rick

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Nacd is a joke. The chances of you actually getting a card are almost nil. Its been run into the ground by the ?president?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    I think the nacd isn't quite dead yet as the lawyer girlfriend hasn't drained all the funds to zero.
    Maybe that's happened already?

    I thought that once they had it completely shelled out they'd sell the assets and empty org...guess we haven't reached that phase yet.


  8. #8

    Default

    Pity the NACD went that way. I still have my old red and black card. My wife got hers updated with a picture in (I think) 2018 after a few months wait. Guess I?ll have to do a crossover at some stage to get a NSS-CDS card. Still, some more training can?t hurt.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Harrodsburg, Kentucky
    Age
    68
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I hate to hear this about the NACD. They used to have a fairly good journal, better than I thought of CDS “Underwater Speleology.” Back in 2000 when I got my full cave certification there were just a handful of instructors who were active in both NACD and NSS-CDS (btw a big thank you to Pat Watson).

    It seems that diving in general and cave diving in particular are both past their zenith. Many folks still enjoy both, but they seem to evolved (or devolved) into something less than what they were.

    Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but bubbles!


 

Similar Threads

  1. NACD
    By Shocky in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2015, 05:55 PM
  2. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE NACD
    By cavdiver2 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 10:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts