Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Citrus County, FL
    Posts
    369

    Default

    You may also be able to replace the hard wheels with pneumatic tires, depending on the design of whatever cart you choose. I got a free Gorilla dump cart from my neighbors (who threw it away because the tires were flat) in 2018... been using it for three years now with four $2.50 Harbor Freight replacement tires on it.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I think the OP's choice 1 should suffice if you're looking to move some SM tanks to and from your car to the dive shop/dive boat or dive site with flat paved concrete. If you're looking to haul a little more gear all in one trip, some of my dive buddies here use the Cosco convertible carts which support a lot more weight. They're a lot more expensive but they can take more abuse and that's what we use what hauling dive gear here in California when when we need to take the ferry over to Catalina Island.

    I personally use something called a Magna cart which is similar to Option 1 which you listed. A 300lb capacity should be more than sufficient for your needs.

    Cosco convertible cart (Hummer of carts for doubles, deco bottles, etc)
    https://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Aluminu...8MP/ref=sr_1_9


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    I use a folding Magna-Cart. I had a smaller one and it lasted a few years. We've had the bigger one for maybe five years - it looks pretty beat up but is still going. It works great anyplace that's relatively smooth. For rougher trails like going out to Jug, a heavier duty handcart with bigger pneumatic tires is a better bet.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Princeton MN
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I have a really good system for moving two tanks at once I think.....yes yes.....its called a back plate


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mndiver67 View Post
    I have a really good system for moving two tanks at once I think.....yes yes.....its called a back plate



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill


 

Similar Threads

  1. Left hand or Right hand
    By nthewater in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2021, 02:09 PM
  2. Hand truck and rock boots at peacock
    By lilmsmagic in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2017, 08:01 AM
  3. Dolly
    By shellmoundal in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 09:03 AM
  4. Collapsible dolly
    By TXDM in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 10:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts