?I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals?. Butch Cassidy circa 1900
I've been using this config for a while now. It's how we did it in class and I was told to use this config for a while before changing stuff around... which does make sense, I guess.
With a break-away it's fine, I guess, but I have no idea why anyone would not use a break-away connector of some sort. This arguement that you're such a amazing diver that you'll be always able to open the boldsnap straight away when stressed out, kinda sounds like the 'I'm too good to ever need a HUD' argument.
BTW: I think from the last accident we have learned (at least if you didn't know already), that a diver on ccr might need gas straight away after all. If you saw you're buddy toxing or panicking or whatever you really think you wanna close the loop, push it over your head, fiddle around with a boldsnap (that's there for no reason), try to donate the reg and than get back on the loop?
I believe, that if you think you wont be affected by a real life situation like this, you should really reconsider and try to think about this logically and leave dogmatic thinking at the door for a minute. Is this really what you want to do when the #### hits the fan? I don't think I do. In training it's super easy, if you're scared or under a lot of stress, opening that boldsnap isn't not going to be easier.
It work fine for me in training but for anything in real life, I don't know. It's looks slick and it's convenient for sure. I wonder what that 'human factors' dude thinks about this. Although, I don't know if he is a gue guy...
Yeah, I meant roaring river. It wasn't the last accident, just the last report. I think he spit or ripped his DSV out.
Eitherway, if you're tying to donate quickly, you wanna go through a 4 or 5 step process? It worked fine for me in training but I don't think it's a good procedure in a real life situation.
I think at least using a break away connection instead of cave line would be better. That way the long hose is only blocked by the loop... which is bad enough. I my class the instructor said I can use either the break away or the cave line and he was giving me the same reasoning I've heard from gue people before.
In class, at one time my buddy was flustered enough to hand me his light head instead of his reg and that was just training without any real stress or danger.
Bookmarks