Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default in line CCR valves

    i had a couple of these inline "buddy" valves laying around and had never used them. I decided to throw one on an AL19 to use for a CCR oxygen bottle. Of course once the bottle was full I dropped it in the water tank and saw a trickle of bubbles from the valve opening. I closed the valve a bit tighter to seal it and it still leaked... a bit tighter and BAM! hp seat blew and drained the tank! I pulled the valve apart and it is much different than a standard K style valve... the hp seat is 100% plastic... no wonder i was able to kill it. I grabbed the other one that I had, pulled it apart, cleaned everything, inspected the seat (looked good), reassembled and filled the tank. Same problem... leaky! this time i didn't murder it... I just let it drain.

    questions:
    1. do these valves historically suck?
    2. where do you get rebuild kits?
    3. are other manufacturer's inline valves better than the "buddy" valve?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Photo of HP seat

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I bet dgx has parts eventhough I cant find it on their site.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    Posts
    167

    Default




 

Similar Threads

  1. 300 bar manifold, LH & RH modular and in line valves
    By floridabob in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2021, 04:25 AM
  2. FS - Adapters, Hardware, CCR QD's, Tank Valves
    By jkaterenchuk in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2018, 09:29 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 02:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts