Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    Default

    Yesterday, I had to get gas for my truck and it was hard to find. A lot of closed stations. I finally found one with gas and waited in line for almost an hour to buy $20 worth of premium at 4.99/ gal. Today, very few problems.
    I decided to head down tomorrow and enjoy some warm weather, clear springs and good company.

    THANK YOU EVERYONE for the reports and updates.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Not that warm right now, tomorrow seems nice though


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bartow, FL
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    There was an article last night that explained florida isnt affected at all because our gas is port dependent not pipeline dependent. So there wouldnt have been an issue here anyway


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Due to previous employment I'm very familiar with the process for us around here. And because I'm old, I know people are stupid. More than one station was out yesterday. But here we get deliveries much faster than in BFE/CC.

    Thanks for the update!

    Bob


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridabob View Post
    Due to previous employment I'm very familiar with the process for us around here. And because I'm old, I know people are stupid. More than one station was out yesterday. But here we get deliveries much faster than in BFE/CC.

    Thanks for the update!

    Bob
    A friend in tampa reported today she had to drive all over to find an open station which was surprising. First day I had heard that so far for this area. In St Pete we?ve got zero issues.
    Locally its really people are just fear mongering idiots who hoard things at the first sign of an issue. I joked to my wife that next week people are going to hoard toilet paper again simply because there were reports this week that gas was hard to get.
    At least you know people are stupid. Makes it harder to become one of them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Yesterday, I had to get gas for my truck and it was hard to find. A lot of closed stations. I finally found one with gas and waited in line for almost an hour to buy $20 worth of premium at 4.99/ gal. Today, very few problems.
    I decided to head down tomorrow and enjoy some warm weather, clear springs and good company.

    THANK YOU EVERYONE for the reports and updates.
    I was lucky, I filled up right before the pipeline problem, an the old price

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    I’m glad I’m working from home and don’t have to deal with the hoarding crowds at the gas stations…


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default Gasoline Situation

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I was lucky, I filled up right before the pipeline problem, an the old price
    Me too. I was planning on filling up regardless. Living out in the country you do not want to run out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    If you are traveling interstate highways, Pilot/Flying J truck stops have up to date lists of their truck stops that are out of gas or diesel.

    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


 

Similar Threads

  1. what would you do in a situation like this
    By scubicious in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts