Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    The plastic zipper issuenis a thing of the past. Itwo years ago I avoided santi because of it. It was an issue from the zipper manufacturer that has been resolved.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Something to be aware of with plastic zippers, is that not all of the issues were related directly to the zipper itself or the quality of zip.

    Installing a plastic zipper requires more skill, and takes a bit more know-how. The drysuit material has to be scuffed quite a bit for the sealant to do its thing.

    Unfortunately, I?ve seen several replacement plastic zippers fail because the local repair facility didn?t fully understand how to correctly install the zip. The edge of the zipper would just simply separate from the suit. No fault of the zipper or the teeth or such.

    Be sure you trust your repair guy or gal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    But considerably less expensive and more affordable than a comparably equipped DUI or Santi, at least in the US...
    So yes, a quality suit, comparably outfitted, and priced considerably less than others.

    But what do I know? Maybe having your last name stitched to your pocket is important enough to spend an extra $1000 or more on another brand.
    Yeah, I don't how that works or why that is. I don't understand these differences in price. The Atlantic would cost me a little over 2000 Euros plus shipping and toll (whatever that is). The e.lite plus is about 2200 Euros. That's basically the same price.
    What's better for me about the Santi is that I can try on different sizes and check out the models in person. The Otter I would have to order blindly from their website and hope it fits me well.

    Eitherway, I know that they make good suits. They're very popular with the Brits.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Yeah, I don't how that works or why that is. I don't understand these differences in price. The Atlantic would cost me a little over 2000 Euros plus shipping and toll (whatever that is). The e.lite plus is about 2200 Euros. That's basically the same price.
    What's better for me about the Santi is that I can try on different sizes and check out the models in person. The Otter I would have to order blindly from their website and hope it fits me well.

    Eitherway, I know that they make good suits. They're very popular with the Brits.
    I've quite liked my custom-fit DTEK suits - http://www.dtekgroup.net/?page_id=693&lang=en. I like that I can use overboots on the neoprene socks instead of built in boots, I can get a metal zipper and I even had them add some nice velcro tabs on my left arm to secure my CCR cables.

    Jason Gulley

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    280

    Default

    thanks for axing this. i would go with the regular elite just because im not too familiar with the elite+ when i had a santi i had the emotion + and that thinner material was a mess for cave diving but as i remember i never had an issue with the stronger material which is the entire make up of the elite.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    thanks for axing this. i would go with the regular elite just because im not too familiar with the elite+ when i had a santi i had the emotion + and that thinner material was a mess for cave diving but as i remember i never had an issue with the stronger material which is the entire make up of the elite.
    Two completely different suits. Elite plus is pretty heavy duty. I believe its now their most popular for cave divers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    thanks for axing this. i would go with the regular elite just because im not too familiar with the elite+ when i had a santi i had the emotion + and that thinner material was a mess for cave diving but as i remember i never had an issue with the stronger material which is the entire make up of the elite.

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Two completely different suits. Elite plus is pretty heavy duty. I believe its now their most popular for cave divers
    The elite is more heavy duty than the elite plus (ironically). The whole elite is made from that heavy duty stuff. The Elite plus has less heavy duty stuff on the chest and I think also on the front of the thighs and the back of the legs. That thinner stuff is not as thin as the stuff the e.motion/e.motion+ is made out of though.
    I guess the idea is that you only have the heavy duty stuff in places were you need it (according to Santi) and therefore get a lighter and more comfortable suit compared to the normal elite. The normal elite feel kind of stiff.
    The dealer had to explain his to me about 5 times.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    The elite is more heavy duty than the elite plus (ironically). The whole elite is made from that heavy duty stuff. The Elite plus has less heavy duty stuff on the chest and I think also on the front of the thighs and the back of the legs. That thinner stuff is not as thin as the stuff the e.motion/e.motion+ is made out of though.
    I guess the idea is that you only have the heavy duty stuff in places were you need it (according to Santi) and therefore get a lighter and more comfortable suit compared to the normal elite. The normal elite feel kind of stiff.
    The dealer had to explain his to me about 5 times.
    I was referring to emotion + vs elite +. I probably shouldve explained my comment better. Youre correct theres some less heavy duty areas on the + to allow better flexibility but it shouldnt be of concern


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    ... less heavy duty areas on the + to allow better flexibility but it shouldnt be of concern.
    I agree, at least for the diving I do. If you're doing super tight squeezes or sump diving where you have to climb etc. the elite might be the better choice.


  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    I agree, at least for the diving I do. If you're doing super tight squeezes or sump diving where you have to climb etc. the elite might be the better choice.
    If I constatly was going theough that super sharp stuff in some of the tight parts of mexico or sumo diving I?d probably consider an sftech.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    ... I?d probably consider an sftech.
    Or an Otter Kevlar maybe



 

Similar Threads

  1. Santi drysuit with santi underwear for sale
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2020, 06:43 PM
  2. Santi emotion plus
    By jdobbertien in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2020, 09:02 PM
  3. Fs: Santi bz400 LS
    By maxtrax in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM
  4. Used Santi BZ400
    By rddvet in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 06:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts