Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Side mount for sure!
    I like both OC and CCR but when I finally go side mount CCR I may never go back to OC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont bet on it. I hated cc sidemount


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Side mount for sure!
    I like both OC and CCR but when I finally go side mount CCR I may never go back to OC
    I've been diving sidemount for 10 years but I wouldn't get a sm ccr (when I can travel again for training). Don't like any of the units I have seen and I don't know how you would carry enough BO with a sm ccr for what I want the ccr for.

    I wouldn't dive sidemount just for the hell of it.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    I've been diving sidemount for 10 years but I wouldn't get a sm ccr (when I can travel again for training). Don't like any of the units I have seen and I don't know how you would carry enough BO with a sm ccr for what I want the ccr for.

    I wouldn't dive sidemount just for the hell of it.

    The sidewinder allows for decent bailout since you have 2 normal sm bottles and can easily carry a stage or two. The units like the sidekick or liberty do limit you some to one sm tank, then stages. Great trim and adequate sm bailout were the two things I actually liked about the sw. I won't go into what I didn't like.


    I dove sm for 10 years, but have actually been getting back in to bm and loving it more than sm for it's ease and simplicity. My main issue with bm 10-12 years ago when I started down the technical path was my intro to tech instructor was a big prooponent of the halcyon cinch system, so I went with that. Because I was tightening and adjusting the shoulder straps constantly, every time I dove my tanks were sitting in a different spot and it was frustrating. I've since dithced the cinch and have fallen in love with bm again. You'll be happy to know I've only dove my stealth twice in the past almost 2 years.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    The sidewinder allows for decent bailout since you have 2 normal sm bottles and can easily carry a stage or two. The units like the sidekick or liberty do limit you some to one sm tank, then stages. Great trim and adequate sm bailout were the two things I actually liked about the sw. I won't go into what I didn't like.
    What I don't like about the sidewinder is that it look very flimsy and cheaply made. They're innovative and that I like but I don't know why they are not using better quality materials. There also seems to be a lot of hype about that unit and when you asked about certain things, the fans get super defensive... that's fishy to me.
    A guy over here basically ripped off the sidekick with some improvements and higher quality materials ... don't know why kiss doesn't use better materials.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    OC Sidemount for me. Comfort thing.
    Same here. I do go to back mount on ocean dives though...


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Diver's gangs assemble around gurus because this country mentality is commercialized. It is simple marketing. People need to relax sometimes and look at it from a sky, be honest and open to new knowledge. On-topic.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    What I don't like about the sidewinder is that it look very flimsy and cheaply made. They're innovative and that I like but I don't know why they are not using better quality materials. There also seems to be a lot of hype about that unit and when you asked about certain things, the fans get super defensive... that's fishy to me.
    A guy over here basically ripped off the sidekick with some improvements and higher quality materials ... don't know why kiss doesn't use better materials.



    All I will say on here is that I went into the sw class being told by everyone how awesome it was and I had high hopes. Was underwhelmed on day 1(build quality is pretty crappy and that was part of it) and continued disliking it through the class. Once I was done with class and started talking to sw users, suddenly they started being honest about some of the negatives and agreeing with my opinions. Though they wouldn't be honest before I took the class. Also, the majority of people who I've discussed the sw with that are hardcore fans have never dove another unit.

    If you want my full review, do a search on scubaboard. My review/comments were met with good discussion over there. I honestly don't think it would go as well here.


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post

    If you want my full review, do a search on scubaboard.
    I'll look for it. Do you know how long ago you posted that?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Posting for a friend
    By tflaris in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 10:41 AM
  2. Civil Posting or else...
    By tj in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 09:14 AM
  3. New posting features
    By Moonfuzzy in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts